Bonehead moment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Did not hear rear your parking sensors telling you to stop?
My boss who has a much more loaded Ram than mine said he intentionally did not get bumpers with sensors. He feels he gets too complacent relying on the sensors & if you are moving too fast, they may go off too late.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My boss who has a much more loaded Ram than mine said he intentionally did not get bumpers with sensors. He feels he gets too complacent relying on the sensors & if you are moving too fast, they may go off too late.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

Mine has the sensors and I question how the original owner managed to ding it up just a little bit on each corner. I have them turned off as I find them a little annoying and unnecessary (never hit anything with any of my vehicles), definitely prefer using the mirrors and backup camera.

It's also annoying that every time I turn the truck on or put it in reverse, it feels the need to remind me that the sensors are off. Only scenario I could see that being a good thing is if I let someone else drive it, so they know they are off. Otherwise, I don't need to know that information every single time I'm in it. Not a huge deal, minor annoyance.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I did the same with a 07 chevy, but the bumper pushed into the box, made the tailgate bend the corner when it opened. I was p*issed because I'd only had it a few months.

MoPowered

Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Doh.....Women, can’t live with’em and can’t herd’em all to Canada. <<<<<Al Bundy, marriage Guru,,,

tomb

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 bighorn-cherry red
Engine
5.7 HEMI
This is what you need, Hammerhead bumper. 1/4" plate/1/2" mounts and your sensors fit right it. It may give you a fighting chance against those jumping trees. The steps are a bonus!

View attachment 214373 View attachment 214372
Nice sturdy bumper!! I also like how it has guards to protect the dual exhaust from getting all bashed up and making a real mess all the way up to the engine.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nice sturdy bumper!! I also like how it has guards to protect the dual exhaust from getting all bashed up and making a real mess all the way up to the engine.
They are 1" thick shackle mounts but I guess they will keep the pipes safe. This was my upgrade when a nice lady decided not to stop behind me at a stop sign.

tomb

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 bighorn-cherry red
Engine
5.7 HEMI
They are 1" thick shackle mounts but I guess they will keep the pipes safe. This was my upgrade when a nice lady decided not to stop behind me at a stop sign.
Ya , i can see the holes for them now. They serve double duty -probably placed right above the pipes for that extra protection though. Nice bumper with heavy steel and many functions--me like!!