Born and raised Ford

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2012sport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have been a member here since 2012, but made my first post just a few days ago...and here is why.

Growing up I was always raised Ford. F150, F250, Mustang (Always be a mustang fan:roflsquared:). Had an 04 f150 with small lift heavy roush rims and heavy big at tires. $4k rear end repair that was luckily covered under an aftermarket warranty. Good truck though 90k miles.

Late 08 we went shopping for a charger for the girlfriend and being a car got easily got talked into looking at the 08 ram. Thought they were nice looking. Then the dealer told me there were deep discounts with the new body style coming out. I was already in the hole money wise from a Jeep Rubicon I had gotten before the F150 so I thought I would be in the Ford for a while longer but then he told be the price for the bighorn I was slobbering over and told me I could have a lifetime powertrain warranty..........I'm listening. ..

After a few more hours I was able to get the $39,675 truck for.... $19,900...plus about $7k I was already in the hole. Not shabby for an 08 QC Bighorn with a center console. Of course it also saw a minor lift and a set of Terra Grapplers. Drove it for about 70k miles, but after test fitting a car seat in the back in late 2012 (kid on the way) I realized it was a very tight fit so I decided to look into a CC. Ended up in a 2012 sport CC with about everything one could get. Loved it, lifted it, threw some tires on it, blacked it out.....my kid was born End of January.

By late summer my priorities had changed a bit and I realized I was paying more than I wawanted to for a truck I didn't need. So I traded it in in Nov of 2013 for an 08 4 runner that I planned on keeping for 2 or 3 years. Liked it, lifted it, put a winch, and bfg at tires on it.

Beginning of Nov 2014 I started jonesing for a truck again and about the same time I felt the dreaded rumble strip feeling under light load.....transmission...crap. I wasn't about to drop $2-3000 on a vehicle I was only planning on keeping for another year so I went in again and traded it and the wife's car in and came out with a loaded 14 Bighorn CC and a Chryslie 200 for the wife.

The 08 Ram was my savior and had gotten me completely out of a big hole by the time I traded it back in. 0 mechanical problems, 1 paint defect from dealer on the 12 that was corrected before I took posession, and one window switch replaced due to the black wearing off the switch (08). Not bad with 90k combined mileage with 2 different body styles and lifts.

Guess I'm a ram guy now:flipthebird:

Sorry for the long story.....I'm bored.

Last edited:

Statcher1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome aboard man. It sounds like you had a long road. But ended up coming back to Ram. Congrats dude

Sent from the Rocket in my Pocket

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
Welcome! I use to be a ford guy too. 3 f-150's (95,01,06) and a 97 cc f-350.

09TRX4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome from another born and raised Ford guy!