Brake/Gas Pedal Assembly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

THRobinson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
Finally got all the brakes (pads/rotors/calipers) done on my 2003 Ram 1500, and I get the red lightning bolt.

I immediately pull the throttle body and clean it. Nice and easy, did it a few years ago. Did the re-calibration thing and for the past 2-3 weeks it's been fine.

Other day, right at the main intersection of course, I stalled and red lightning bolt is up.

Started and just got into the mechanics driveway, had to coast into a parking spot.

For the most part, my DIY days are done so, left a small list to look at... and wow... repairs are literally more than the truck is worth.

1 issue though is that they don't know if it's the throttle body or gas pedal assembly/sensor. I said I cleaned it and it worked for weeks, figured that would likely point at the throttle body. They said could also be the sensor, but, apparently in my truck it has one of those motorized adjustable pedal units and no one here in Canada sells them, wreckers don't have one and Chrysler can't get one. They also said it can't be replaced with a standard set of pedals from another year.

That make sense? Can't they tell with a code reader which is at fault? I tried searching for the assembly but just finding what looks like normal brake pedal units....