Brake lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moparornocar0346

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 liter
Morning to y’all. Ok so I have a 99 Dodge Ram 1500. I need some help with my brake lights. Yesterday my lights would stay on even with the key off. So I was like ok brake switch is stuck or something so I just replaced it. BUT!!! Now I have no brake lights what so ever. I have taillights, signals, and backups but no brake lights. Confused possible bad switch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Plug the old one back in, see if the brake lights come back on. If so it's a probability the new switch is bad. Make sure the new switch actuates when the pedal is depressed.

OP
OP
Moparornocar0346

Moparornocar0346

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 liter
Plug the old one back in, see if the brake lights come back on. If so it's a probability the new switch is bad. Make sure the new switch actuates when the pedal is depressed.

Yea check that turned out that the new switch that I had gotten did have the little level that ur suppose to flip after install for the brake lights to work. So it was a defect. But got another switch and installed and all is working now. Thanks for ur help crash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990