Break light(right) out warning on screen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boogie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Has anyone, had this issue of the tail light out notification on your screen? I replaced the bulb and I still get the warning that the right break light is out I had my daughter step on the breaks, they do work by lighting up whenever she steps on the breaks, what could be causing this issue? ive replaced the light socket and light bulb and it still gives me the warning on the screen, should I unplug the battery terminal and hopefully that resolves the issue?

audiophile

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Has anyone, had this issue of the tail light out notification on your screen? I replaced the bulb and I still get the warning that the right break light is out I had my daughter step on the breaks, they do work by lighting up whenever she steps on the breaks, what could be causing this issue? ive replaced the light socket and light bulb and it still gives me the warning on the screen, should I unplug the battery terminal and hopefully that resolves the issue?
Can't remember if the key has to be on or off but you have to run your hazards for 45 seconds to clear. If it does not clear, can be done with code reader.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

DAK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Check your CHMSL (Center High Mounted Stop Light)

Last edited:

MoparBrent

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Check your 3rd brake light(the one on top of the cab). The way the circuit is wired for the brake lights, when your 3rd brake light blows it sends a right brake light bulb out message.

while you’re in there replace your gasket, it is a very common issue and the moisture is what causes the bulb to blow

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Check you third brake light as MoparBrent suggested. That's usually the issue if you have a brake light out message and the bulb seems ok.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Boogie

Boogie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Awesome I will check the third brake light I forgot it was even there LOL!

OP
OP
Boogie

Boogie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Problem solved it was the third brake light that was out....new third brake light coming in today :) thanks to Amazon it gave me a reason to tell the wifey I need to order more parts.. win win!

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Was it a text warning in the cluster or a picture? If it was the picture, it’s just a generic picture and doesn’t actually mean what brake light is out.

OP
OP
Boogie

Boogie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Was it a text warning in the cluster or a picture? If it was the picture, it’s just a generic picture and doesn’t actually mean what brake light is out.

It was a picture that came up showing the right rear brake light that was out, and it turned out to be the third brake light that was out...so I ordered a new third brake light unit with LED's :)

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
It was a picture that came up showing the right rear brake light that was out, and it turned out to be the third brake light that was out...so I ordered a new third brake light unit with LED's :)

Ya it’s just a generic picture, it doesn’t actually show what brake light is out. Kind of a confusing way to show it though.