Breathers/Vents extension for Axles/Differentials, Transmission, Transfer Case, Evap - hose sizing and lengths required?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bearded Lion

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm going to extend the vents/breather tubes on my 2012 1500 Sport Crew 4x4.

I've searched and found threads showing locations of the hard lines to attach hose to as well as suggested routing to higher points on the body or in the engine bay.

I'm about to buy the necessary parts and I've seen some conflicting info regarding the sizing of the fuel hose and associated fittings for the five locations. I've seen 5/16" ID but most of the threads discussing this seem to be in the power wagon or HD areas. Then apparently the evap vent is a pain because it's a hard tube wrapped in factory heat shielding and thus requires a different (larger?) diameter hose to clamp over that tube and extend.

Can anyone confirm the exact proper sizing of the hose I'll need to buy in both diameter(s) and lengths to do this properly? I'd also welcome suggestions on the quantity of male to male barb fittings and hose clamps required.

If this is already stated clearly in a post I have missed, please kindly link me to it.

Thanks!