Build update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DJ52

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
As posted before was 17 weeks ago that I ordered as of Monday. Sent an email to salesman today stating that I had a camping trip coming up on Memorial day and a fishing trip planned for the first week of June and wanted to know if i would have my new truck or assume I would be using my existing vehicle. Salesman called about 5 minutes later and said truck is in logistics park Chicago (which is Elwood Ill) only 20 miles from where I live and should have truck in a week or less. I am not sure I believe it but possible. I know covid and chip shortages has screwed up everything but in my opinion spending close to $80,000 should deserve more than a every two week update with info that may or may not be accurate. Ram sends the exact same generic update to everybody waiting for vehicles just another example of how customer service has long ago gone by the wayside. I have some hope but agonize with all that are waiting. For those that want to post that its not anybody's fault conditions out of there control I don't agree as consumers we deserve to be updated and this is not a problem that was not unforeseen and if companies and dealers would be totally honest with their customers the frustration level would be a lot less. Just my opinion

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
First, AWESOME! Almost there.

It's many factors, one being your dealer. If they wanted to they could at least email you each week and say "no news". There is a problem across the country and it would probably get old hearing that and I feel bad for people just placing orders who will wait maybe 5 or more months now. And unfortunately, $80k trucks are just not that different than a $50k to the average sales person. It is a commission, just sometimes more and sometimes less. My sales person couldn't answer all my questions about the truck, it is just a commodity.

So all this is to say yeah, agree customer service is only as good as your sales person wants to make it.

dieseldave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What , exactly makes a GOOD sales person ? My just took my order to the sales manager for approval. Other than that he did absolutely NOTHING . MY TRUCK SHOULD BE IN WITHIN THE WEEK, AND I WILL LET HIM KNOW WHAT I FEEL.. P.S. How do I start a new thread on this forum ?

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I have watched what happens at the dealerships Showroom Sales Dept.

Customer walks in, the next sales person in line confronts the customer.
The customer tells the sales person what they are looking for etc. etc. most of you have been there.
While going through the list of options, you ask that one question that the sales person can't answer & they walk swiftly to either the Sales Manager or Asst. Manager.
If you ask enough of those questions the Sales Manager or Asst. Manager. is polite at first & then acts like they are going to get in your face & smiling all the time.
They finally accept most of your wishes.

Now your vehicle is in the paper part of the building process & if your lucky & didn't irritate the people in the office, they will give you the VIN when the vehicle is going to start to be built & they give you the 8 - 10 week delivery best guess.
A couple weeks later, you call the salesman for an update, well he does not know anything, he or she does NOT have computer access to that particular information, so the have to go see the Manager or Asst.
Whichever it is, they could swivel in their chair, type in your name, that gives them the VIN# & what the current Status of your vehicle is. That may take them up to a whole couple of minutes.

Many of them just look at the sales person & tell them that they should get their Butts back out on the Sales Floor & stop bothering them with B.S.

I never buy a vehicle through the Floor Room Sales Dept.

Next time buy your vehicle from the dealerships Fleet/Internet Sales Team or one of the senior Salesmen that do have an access to the internet & therefore, direct access to Auburn Hills, the main offices of what is now called Stellantis.
That type salesman has FULL Authority to accept Factory Orders, without going through the Sales Managers Office & 9 times out of 10, you will know what area your traveling Ram just passed through on the way to you

Sorry for being long winded, but it was the only way for me to explain it

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
What , exactly makes a GOOD sales person ? My just took my order to the sales manager for approval. Other than that he did absolutely NOTHING . MY TRUCK SHOULD BE IN WITHIN THE WEEK, AND I WILL LET HIM KNOW WHAT I FEEL.. P.S. How do I start a new thread on this forum ?

1. Scroll back up to the top of this page 2. Select the 'General Discussions' button
3. It will take you back one page.

From there you can select a 'Post New Thread' on the upper right side of the screen.

dieseldave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
1. Scroll back up to the top of this page 2. Select the 'General Discussions' button
3. It will take you back one page.

From there you can select a 'Post New Thread' on the upper right side of the screen.
Thanks. I got it