Uconnect Map update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pakuma

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just tried to update the 12" UConnect map.
First was a Software update, then tried to update the map, they required an activation code, but the update didn't recognize it.
After trying to call 4 times, I finally got past voice jail. The person that I spoke with for over 30 minutes could not correct the issue and he is sending up the chain to get a resolution.
This is the most absurd update I have ever done. Too many steps, too many places for it to go wrong and Here, the map vendor, couldn't help.
I have not driven the truck since the software update, I will advise if there are any issues; I expect some.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
This is one of the main reasons I got a base model with none of that high-end stuff. I don't even have power locks or windows. Life is good...and simple. I like simple.:cool:

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
You can save yourself lots of grief and use the navigation in either AndroidAuto or CarPlay. Not only is the map data constantly updated but traffic information almost real time.

migue7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How can you use it in AndroidAuto or Carplay? my radio works but not the GPS.

Tactics

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am still trying to find out if Ramconnect is different from Uconnect.

Last edited:

Tactics

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Cancelling Uconnect ended most of the problems I was having with my 12-inch computer, such as the truck making random 911 calls. The best advice a Uconnect customer service agent gave me was to “Disconnect my Uconnect.” The last time Dodge updated my computer, I had to reconnect Carplay and remove and reinsert my audio USB several times until the truck recognized an audio USB that it recognized before the update.