bumper or hood first?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

night hawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
would my truck look better with an srt style hood and the stock bumper, or better with a sport bumper and no srt hood?!

im gonna buy one of the two next week, but i cant buy both at the same time lol

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
hood would be a more drastic change and would be noticed more. A bumper to a normal person not knowing Rams wouldn't notice the change. I'd still do the bumper but that would be next on the list

OP
OP
night hawk

night hawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
yeah thats what im thinking too! i think im gonna get the hood this week after pay day lol then the next month will be the bumper, then im gonna worry about performance again!

TheMaddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hood

Sent from my droid killing iPhone using Tapatalk

deuceram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
i would do the hood first granted because its alot easier i have the same bumper as you but on a black truck and i wanted a sport bumper too but its alot more than just what you see youll need mounts and a buncha stuff to mount the bumper right the hood would be much easier first

OP
OP
night hawk

night hawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
i would do the hood first granted because its alot easier i have the same bumper as you but on a black truck and i wanted a sport bumper too but its alot more than just what you see youll need mounts and a buncha stuff to mount the bumper right the hood would be much easier first

i didnt even think about that.
i talked to a guy at a dodge dealership and he said the hood comes ready to paint and install.

but i had no idea all that goes into the bumper
thanks!

deuceram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
yeah no problem man i was lookin at the same thing and i saw the sport bumper cover wich is the exterior of the bumper for like 400 450 bucks and tha was without the supports and whatnot

deuceram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
hahha truethat it should look nice though with the hood too i as lookin for an srt hood too

reddot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
sounds like you have made up your mind but id say bumper. Hoods already color matched, so get rid of the chrome bumper with a color matched one. IMO

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Get a SRT bumper, you'll really catch some attention! The sport bumper is ok, but it's fairly common. Or, get the Xenon cover, I think it's my favorite cover for the Gen IIIs. Huh, I don't see the one I like anymore. :-/

Last edited:
OP
OP
night hawk

night hawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
sounds like you have made up your mind but id say bumper. Hoods already color matched, so get rid of the chrome bumper with a color matched one. IMO

thats why i asked this tough question i want everything color matched before i get the hood, but on the other hand, the hood looks nice without color the color matched stuff.

i think i may flip a coin to see which to get first

OP
OP
night hawk

night hawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi