Cab lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Xyleff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is my first truck with cab lights. Is there an on/off switch for the cab lights? Are they led? If not, can I switch out the bulbs for leds? And does it have to be same temp/color ? Any laws against that?

SeppW

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
OE marker lights turn on with parking or headlights. Assume they are incandescent. LED should not be a problem and I know of no issue with replacing the marker light incandescent bulb with a LED. Generally, use a colored LED to match the lens color, i.e. amber LED for amber lens, but white would be okay too. Following up, the Gen 4s have factory clear lens with incandescent bulbs, or at least my case for a 2016 Tradesman Power Wagon. I installed amber LEDs.

Last edited:

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
What year is the truck? I would think newest gen are leds aren’t they? I know my 18 wasn’t though.

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Guessing they are led. I haven’t looked at mine yet but they changed from 18 to the newest gen.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
This is my first truck with cab lights. Is there an on/off switch for the cab lights? Are they led? If not, can I switch out the bulbs for leds? And does it have to be same temp/color ? Any laws against that?

2021 are LEDs and you cannot change them out, they are integrated into the housing, not separate bulbs. And there is no switch to turn them off.

OP
OP
Xyleff

Xyleff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2021 are LEDs and you cannot change them out, they are integrated into the housing, not separate bulbs. And there is no switch to turn them off.

Thank you

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Culmer