Cab Mounts Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yoox_II

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
My rubber mounts under the cab, as well as the steel brackets that attach them to the frame, are all worn out and broken, making the left side of the truck sit very low compared to the right.
I found this kit online, and I want to make sure it is what I need before I buy it. I have a 1984 d150 (2wd).

Prothane - Body Mount Bushings - JCWhitney

I know it doesn't include the brackets, but I am just wanting to make sure that these are the correct replacement for the worn out rubber mounts. There are so many products that look similar but have a small difference in description, so it is confusing.

So will this replace the rubber mounts that are underneath the cab on my truck?

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
those bushings should work.

can you clear up what it broken. is it the cab support which is the metal part of the cab that the bolt goes through or is it the metal bracket that sticks out from the frame that holds the cab up?

OP
OP
Y

Yoox_II

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
It is the metal bracket that sticks out from the frame that is broken. It looks like, to me, the mount itself and the bolt that runs through the middle of the mount have busted a hole through the bracket, so instead of the bracket holding the mount in place, they are pretty much sitting level with each other (when the mount should be below it)

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
i wonder if you bushing is that worn out. is it possible to get some pictures because i really don't see the bracket failing. everything else usually rusts out but not those things.