Cam and Cat Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G0S7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eagle
Hey guys, I was just planning to put together my parts list but there's a couple questions I have still lingering that I haven't really seen asked or discussed, recently at least.

1. Are the stock cats so efficient that high-flow cats performance increase would be negligible even with tune and full bolt ons? Anyone run highflow cats and have CEL or leaning out issues before tuning?

2. Just curious, and for the sake of enjoyment, are there any choppy cams out there that are as plug and play as the OEM 392 cam? Meaning will not require higher stall torque converter upgraded pushrods and what not.

Thanks

Last edited:
OP
OP
G0S7

G0S7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eagle
Thanks for the reference. I'm not too familiar with FRP but their MK82 cam has be interested!

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Hey guys, I was just planning to put together my parts list but there's a couple questions I have still lingering that I haven't really seen asked or discussed, recently at least.

1. Are the stock cats so efficient that high-flow cats performance increase would be negligible even with tune and full bolt ons? Anyone run highflow cats and have CEL or leaning out issues before tuning?

2. Just curious, and for the sake of enjoyment, are there any choppy cams out there that are as plug and play as the OEM 392 cam? Meaning will not require higher stall torque converter upgraded pushrods and what not.

Thanks
I ran the wifes last 2 Challengers catless with no tune,just did the old school anti-foulers under the rear 02's,neither one threw any codes.I did have an A/Fr guage in her 2019,and it ran right around 14.4,cruising down the highway at 70mph and right around 12.6 to 12.8 at wot,which is about as good as you're going to get

OP
OP
G0S7

G0S7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eagle

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members