Cam for 5.7 hemi express

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ProjectR3NTAL

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Been looking for some good clips of Crew Cabs with a cam, so far haven't seen any. Anybody have one on theirs? If so what do you think of it and what results have you seen?
I want something that's loud and choppy! Let me know

stoviAZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What year is the truck?
VVT?
do you want to maintain MDS?
Are you okay with swapping valve train to match new cam, or looking to just swap cam?
LSA really determines how choppy it will be. I have a 270 comp cam.. With 115° LSA and its bot as choppy as id like.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Its tough to get a real choppy VVT cam that doesnt cause you to lose tq down low. I'm running the Moe's Performance HPT cam in my 2014. This is a streetable cam that makes great mid range power and has a noticeable chop at idle. Here is a clip going through a fairly tame Borla ProXS muffler...

[YT]ezoqoe5whuw[/YT]

OP
OP
P

ProjectR3NTAL

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah it does, most of the videos I've seen they are running Cams from Moes. I just want to make my truck loudddddd!

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
You can look up Jay Greene Racing. On his facebook he has videos of his HL cams. Very lopey. The lower stage ones have very little low end loss, which can be cured with a better torque converter