Can I warranty claim a missing badge?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roadshow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I was using that dodge equipment list link to get a build list of all the things on my truck and noticed there's supposed to be a 4x4 badge on my tailgate because I found it odd that it wasn't there. It doesn't even look like it ever was. The SLT badge is there on the left but not the 4x4 one that usually is on the right side.

Think I could use this to get the dealer to put it on under warranty? I was actually toying with putting this decal on myself but not sure how long lasting those are...

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
So I was using that dodge equipment list link to get a build list of all the things on my truck and noticed there's supposed to be a 4x4 badge on my tailgate because I found it odd that it wasn't there. It doesn't even look like it ever was. The SLT badge is there on the left but not the 4x4 one that usually is on the right side.

Think I could use this to get the dealer to put it on under warranty?

It probably just depends on how cool your dealer is. But I would say if your truck is a 12 and now 2 years old it might be a fight.

OP
OP
R

roadshow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It probably just depends on how cool your dealer is. But I would say if your truck is a 12 and now 2 years old it might be a fight.

I agree but since I'm the new owner wouldn't that factor in? I could understand if I had it all along and then asked after 2 years.

MyOhFive

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
De-badging is so common (my truck was a week old when I took em all off) that they'll likely argue you took them off yourself. It's always worth mentioning if you want it on there. I personally like em clean

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
De-badging is so common (my truck was a week old when I took em all off) that they'll likely argue you took them off yourself. It's always worth mentioning if you want it on there. I personally like em clean

I agree my truck only has the 4x4 badge left I can't bring myself to take that one off but I like them debadged as well just personal prefence. The only arguement that might stand is if you have all the other badges. If you still have the slt? Ram 1500, and the hemi badge you could say what would be the point to only take off the 4x4. Otherwise I don't see much ground to stand on sorry.

Andy578

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Outdoorsman
Engine
Hemi 5.7
if not i wouldn't think it'd cost very much but of course it could be one of those things they put a ridiculous price on

OP
OP
R

roadshow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I agree my truck only has the 4x4 badge left I can't bring myself to take that one off but I like them debadged as well just personal prefence. The only arguement that might stand is if you have all the other badges. If you still have the slt? Ram 1500, and the hemi badge you could say what would be the point to only take off the 4x4. Otherwise I don't see much ground to stand on sorry.

That's a good point. I'm going to ask them since I'm getting something else done on it this week, hopefully they'll be cool about it and just do it

HemiRoar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
If not, check e-bay. Plenty of debadgers sell them for next to nothing. If you lived close by, i'd just give you the ones I took off lol

RyanJM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express RC Black Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Better off just getting one off ebay they are cheap enough and the dealer will be a hassle. Better off calling Ram CS and telling them it didn't come with one. They may have one sent to you. Is your truck just a plain SLT? I know Big Horn/ Lone Star and so on don't come with SLT badges. My friend has a SLT 4.7 I can probably get you his badge for just shipping since he plans to take it off anyway.

MyOhFive

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
You're going to warrantee a $2 part?

You sure it's a $2 part?
The "Ram 1500" that was replaced on my last truck when I took a door hit was over $100 list price.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You sure it's a $2 part?
The "Ram 1500" that was replaced on my last truck when I took a door hit was over $100 list price.
Wow... Just wow. No way that piece of plastic costs more than $2 to manufacture, and I am being waaay generous in that cost estimate.

Sent via Tapatalk

jwheeler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They will warranty it if the thing fell of. But that is unlikely since it was never there. If you are not the original owner, you have no way of knowing if the previous owner took it off. Why should they replace a part for free that was removed from the truck?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

48Connor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You sure it's a $2 part?

The 'Ram 1500' badge is $30 for black, and $45 for silver. The '4x4' badge is $40 for black and I can find silver. (Prices from AllMoparParts)

Hopefully that $100 is including install, then that would not be too ridiculous. Still, $55-70 for install of a 'sticker' is a little much.

OP
OP
R

roadshow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are you sure your truck is a 4X4...? :Moon:

No it turns out I was mistaken, it's not a truck at all, it's an 8x8 LAV!! I didn't notice the extra 4 wheels and 30mm cannon.

Anyway, the dealership was cool, not only did they put it back for free, they put a better one on that's a lot nicer than the stock one that was supposed to be there originally. I'm guessing the 2015's have a nicer badge graphic design maybe?