Transmission Failure - Denied Warranty Claim - Help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

calkid

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 3500 Cummins Laramie 4x4, 2015 2500 Cummins SLT 4x4
Engine
I have never seed these kinds of YELP reviews of a Dealership before. In reading many of the one and two star ratings, customers seem to burn up quite a few transmissions.

Attachments

• Hill-Kelly.jpeg
    Hill-Kelly.jpeg
    33.7 KB · Views: 24

Andrei20

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
id be asking the dealer to show you the codes and the log file, they would have had to submit that for warranty. To me it sounds like they screwed up the first repair and they covered their butt on the second repair if they cannot show you the codes and log file.. I know we have to show log files for any trans work before warranty will move forward.

Also did not see the question answered as to what you were towing?
I will agree. Yes, they need to show the exact issue that appeared first time and how they fixed it, everything detailed, documented, and then the issue and the codes for the second time. They should provide some sort of warranty on their first "repair", the truck should have been released to the costumer "like brand new" on that issue, also some recommendations to the owner, if there is anything that the owner might, or might have not done to cause the issue in the first place.

Andrei20

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
On the other forum she said she was around ~24k so no doubt way over the payload capacity for that truck if loaded properly but still technically within the "towing" limit.
Kind of a misleading spec from the manufacturer because if you are towing at max load with that truck your proper pin weight (~20% of trailer weight) would be waaay over the payload.

Yes, ~24k is more like a job for a 3500 DRW CTD HO, if you want it to last... IMHO....

2003F350

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
FYI: So last year I had my 2014 1500 in for routine service, there was a guy with a 3500 diesel that needed new turbo & intercooler replaced, Dodge decline the 10K repair because the truck was use for business and had his business logo painted on the door or his truck. The service manager was very apologetic but he said the factory refused.

That's right in the details of even the standard warranty. I don't recall the numbers, but if the vehicle is used by a business or for business purposes it falls under a different, shorter warranty. Same goes with insurance, if you use it for business purposes you're supposed to have business insurance on it, which is quite a bit pricier. If you just have personal insurance on it, and something happens, they can (not will) deny you.

Calicajun

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel 6.7
Don't know if this will help but when we had a 2014 Eco Diesel Limited the dealer once told me that the truck showed that we over towed the truck. We hadn't over loaded the truck with the trailer being towed. Turned out that if you get the engine RPM up that if will also show too much weight. We stayed within the manual spec limits but you could heard the engine working harder than usual. Our dealer just removed that reading from our record after showing them what was tow and what we had done.