CanBus

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hstaton32

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Back in May of 2022 I purchased a 2019 ram 1500 classic with 30k miles on it and every time I drive it in the rain or take it through a car wash it goes absolutely nuts, I took it to a dodge house to get it looked at and they ended up telling me the Canbus connector under the driver side door isn’t waterproof. I purchased an extended warranty for this truck and they told me it wasn’t covered. I ended up denying the fix, and now I’m here wondering if there’s a way I could DIY fix it until I sell this piece of junk

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
Well.... not necessarily the way I would introduce myself on a global forum full of MOPAR Truck enthusiasts, but everyone's boat floats a bit differently I suppose.

If you have extended warranty, you should exercise its validity with another dealership perhaps.

I would also recommend that when entering our house here, maybe start with something a tad bit more inviting and respectful...just saying!

Do some homework and good luck!

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I took it to a dodge house to get it looked at and they ended up telling me the Canbus connector under the driver side door isn’t waterproof.
That dealership is full of it, all the connectors outside of the cab of the vehicle are waterproof. It's probably a flaky connection and the warranty doesn't pay crap time wise for the repair that's why they're trying to get you to pay for it.
You might be able to clean the connections and use some dielectric grease to keep the moisture out of the connections.