Carven Competitor vs flowmaster super 10

Carven Competitor vs Flow-Master super 10

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Derek1645

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok guys I have a question, I have done a lot of research on both mufflers but I cant make up my mind. I'm looking at a carven competitor or a flow-master super 10. So as far as I can tell they both sound just about the same on the inside and outside of the truck. So lets here the pro's and con's of both from people who own them and have every day experience or people who just know more than I do. Thanks in advance.s-l1600.jpgs-l1600.jpg

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
We offer CARVEN and Flowmaster and we sell waaaaaay more CARVEN than flowmaster. Plus I like the quality of the carven kits over flowmaster.

We offer both with discounts if you would like a quote or if you go Carven just go here
https://gotexhaust.com/c-1183874-ram-owners-preferred-products.html
And use code CARVEN10

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
Carven. I do not like crapmaster for a multitude of reasons. But also that kit you posted of flowmaster is not the correct kit for 4th gens with OE dual exhaust. I don’t believe they make a catback but just a replacement muffler.

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Carven. I do not like crapmaster for a multitude of reasons. But also that kit you posted of flowmaster is not the correct kit for 4th gens with OE dual exhaust. I don’t believe they make a catback but just a replacement muffler.
They make a outlaw kit that has the 10 series in it for our trucks and it’s just a replacement muffler like the carven kit. Not trying to cause a debate war like a previous thread but I do really like my carven and very happy I went with it. Love the rumble.

B16BlackHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Carven all the way. KEEP THE RESONATORS. good god mine drones bad with no resonators and 5 inch tips

That was my question about the Carven, is there a way to avoid the Droning?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NoveskeFan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Crew Cab Short Bed Copperhead Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That was my question about the Carven, is there a way to avoid the Droning?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the Carven Progressive with stock resonators & 5” tips. I set my transmission to “8” to disable the MDS and get little to no drone.

Thelegendl23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the super 10 on my 2500 with a bullet resonator plus factory resonators, I've tried them all, this is my favorite.

Dodge This

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I have the Carven Progressive with stock resonators & 5” tips. I set my transmission to “8” to disable the MDS and get little to no drone.

I have the same setup with the same experience.

Definitely go with the Carven over the Rustmaster. Buy once, cry once.

mathews8pt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My wife's 15 had the flowmaster super 10 with 3" over the axle pipes. She hated it so i swapped it onto my '18 and liked the sound for a few weeks and 1 long road trip. Then i decided i like to hear my passengers and my own thoughts so i swapped the super 10 for a Borla Pro xs. Way better, although it definitely lost that deep throaty rumble. It had some surface rust but im not sure of its age either. Overall id pass on the flowmaster i guess. If someone wants to try one i have one id sell cheap. lol

LCACER

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the Carven Progressive. Stupid easy to install!! Love the noise from it, especially while coming to speed. I left the resonators, and stock tips. Drone isn't horrible, but it is noticeable!!

U1arunit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Part #817633 is now stainless so no worry about rusting out like in years past.

Description
Direct Fit Muffler - 409S - Outlaw® Kit - Aggressive Sound

Category
Exhaust Systems / Kits - Outlaw®
video

Material
Stainless Steel

Application Summary
Fits 2009-2018 Dodge/Ram 1500 Trucks with 5.7L Engine and Factory Dual Tailpipe Option.

Note 1: With factory dual tailpipes only

Associated Comments
N/A
Features
Flowmaster's Outlaw® direct fit muffler for the 09-18 Ram 1500 5.7L V8 is perfect for the person looking for a very deep and aggressive sound level outside and inside the vehicle with all of the performance benefits that you would expect from Flowmaster. This exhaust is not for the faint of heart! This bolt-on direct fit muffler for trucks with the factory dual tailpipes features a special build Outlaw muffler that has the inlet pipe and hangers pre welded The exhaust system is manufactured in the USA and is covered by Flowmaster's Lifetime Limited Warranty.

• Stainless Steel Construction
  • Dyno Tuned For Maximum Performance
  • Race Proven Outlaw® Muffler Technology
  • Made in the USA

DsrtRat08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
After watching different videos and trying to get a good feel for the sound of different options I had it down to the direct fit Flowmaster Outlaw or American thunder. Thankfully I did some more reading on these forums and saw people mentioning Carven which I had never heard of. I ended up ordering the Carven Progressive direct fit. It is plenty loud and has a great tone to it. Especially at cold start up and getting on the on ramp to the highway under moderate acceleration from 3rd to 4th. The only real drone I get is when I'm heading uphill in 6th holding about 65mph. To me It was worth the gamble. Less than $300 from gotexhaust with the Carven10 discount.

CTD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have owned both the flowmaster outlaw and the carven competitor series. I am sorry to say the flowmaster sound has the carven beat hands down in my opinion. It is a much deeper rumble sound, where has the carven was raspy has hell. Yes the carven is made better but the flowmaster sounds better so pick your poison.