5th Gen: Carven Competitor vs Muffler delete? opinions just these two?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mbrigh3

IG: Stormtrooper_5.7
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey everyone,

Its time for a aftermarket muffler. I had the Carven Progressive on my 4th gen but they dont offer that on the 5th gen. It was so loud but the drone did suck. I almost went with an exhaust cut out but I would rather the exhaust tone come out the rear pipes.

I have know drone is still a thing but with ANC (active noise canceling) you don't hear the drone nearly as bad.

I am torn between the carven competitor muffler and just a simple muffler delete.

I also read some of us have 2 resonators (rebel) and others have 3 which helps with the drone but it also makes it tougher to get loud without deleting them.

That's probably why Carven only offers the Type R cut and clamp for us. Does anyone have ANC and actually testify that it muffles the drone down?

OH hi quick shifter. lol

Last edited:

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
From what I have heard, Carven didnt use the progressive on the 5th gen due to there being too much drone. The Competitor had less drone so they stuck with that only. We offer Carven and can provide you a quote if interested.

Also I highly recommend you checking out the Solo Performance muffler delete and the MR300. We offer them here, just use the drop down arrow on the right to select which one

Let me know if you have any questions

OP
OP
Mbrigh3

Mbrigh3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
From what I have heard, Carven didnt use the progressive on the 5th gen due to there being too much drone. The Competitor had less drone so they stuck with that only. We offer Carven and can provide you a quote if interested.

Also I highly recommend you checking out the Solo Performance muffler delete and the MR300. We offer them here, just use the drop down arrow on the right to select which one

Let me know if you have any questions

That is curious because the progressive is a larger muffler, I would assume that would make less drone. Crazy how things work, did they tell you this or is it an assumption? not trying to be a **** truly just curious.

Im a carven man, So ill probably end up going that route. Im also reading a few other posts who claimed that the ANC kills the cab drone. If that is true thats freaking awesome.

There's a kid down the street selling the Carven so If the ANC is that affective ill probably pick it up off him. He took it off because of the drone but who knows what level trim he has.

Last edited:

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That is curious because the progressive is a larger muffler, I would assume that would make less drone. Crazy how things work, did they tell you this or is it an assumption? not trying to be a **** truly just curious.

Im a carven man, So ill probably end up going that route. Im also reading a few other posts who claimed that the ANC kills the cab drone. If that is true thats freaking awesome.

There's a kid down the street selling the Carven so If the ANC is that affective ill probably pick it up off him. He took it off because of the drone but who knows what level trim he has.

That was straight from my rep at Carven. Remember drone has less to do with volume and more to do with frequency. You can put a suit case sized muffler on your truck and it could drone like crazy then put a bullet style resonator on in its place it could have less drone. Corsa systems never drone and their xtreme systems have very small mufflers

OP
OP
Mbrigh3

Mbrigh3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That was straight from my rep at Carven. Remember drone has less to do with volume and more to do with frequency. You can put a suit case sized muffler on your truck and it could drone like crazy then put a bullet style resonator on in its place it could have less drone. Corsa systems never drone and their xtreme systems have very small mufflers

I put the Carven on over the weekend with all 3 stock resonators still on. I have very low drone but its also not nearly as loud as progressive in all aspects.

Overall im happy about it. Good rumble with a mild bark