Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hemi_Orange

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2012 1500 and I was told that there is no possible way to remove the catalytic converters without forever throwing a code. Is this true and if not (fingers crossed) how would I go about that?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I have a 2012 1500 and I was told that there is no possible way to remove the catalytic converters without forever throwing a code. Is this true and if not (fingers crossed) how would I go about that?
Google anti-fouler tricks .I run 2 stacked with steel wool in between them,on my wifes untuned 2019 Challenger,and it hasn't thrown any codes in 10,000 miles with the cats removed.Other option is find a tuner who's still willing to delete the codes in a custom tune.

Last edited:

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You could just not remove them.. this isn't the 1980s they don't hold back any ponies anymore :Big Laugh:

I live in a place where there are no emissions checks and I hate when I get behind somebody's junky "deleted" vehicle, smells gross.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
How do you guys know if he isn't having issues with them,and might not want to spend the money to replace them.You're both assuming he wants to remove them from a performance perspective.Maybe he is,maybe he isn't,lol.BTW i disagree with both of you,on them not holding ponies back,they're the biggest restriction in the exhaust system.Pulling them on a 6.4 Challenger was good for almost a tenth and 1.5 mph at the track,you'll never gain that by dropping the muffler and resonators,and that's on an untuned car,might be a touch more with tuning.The 5.7 won't gain as much as it doesn't have the same amount of exhaust flow volumne,and would still be encumbered by the crushed Y pipe,but dropping them especially if they're starting to show their age,like on a 10 year old truck,will probably still be noticable