CB Radio's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RWW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Minivan Motor
Does anybody use these anymore? I like to use one when traveling, but never put one in my 12 RAM. I'd like to see some install pics if anyone has any. I have the console shifter, so i'm looking for ideas where to mount mine up. Thanks.

bravada94

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
been thinking the same thing but was wondering about antenna. dont want a huge thing on top of the truck. looking for concealing one or something. the guys on Top Gear use them in their cars they drive ( ferraris, porsches, lotus etc.) but i never see an antenna. curious.

chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 True Blue Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I used one in my old Ford Escape. Used to put hundreds of miles a week on that thing on the highway and the CB really came in handy for traffic jams out in the middle of no where and also was a great source of entertainment.

It currently is sitting unused in my ram box but I had the antenna mounted on the rear bumper of my escape. So I know that you can mount it with very little clearance over the roof and it will still give you decent enough reception.

danmp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I have one in my truck, most of my friend have one in their truck so we can talk to each other . Also usefull to know what's goin on in the traffic.

If you don't have a center console use 2 pieces of 4x4 et squeeze it under the center seat it hold it really well and easy to remove. I planned to paint in black but never took the time to do it haha

IMG_20150121_124635_zpsi8h07yyk.jpg

Searay245se

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon Laramie
Engine
Hemi 6.4
A lot of people still use them,even a lot around this area with base stations.I have mine mounted to the side of the console by my right leg.

OP
OP
R

RWW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Minivan Motor
The full length console limits my mounting options, I think on the side would be hitting my leg. Any issues with the sun beating down on it if it's on top of the dash?

Searay245se

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon Laramie
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I thought it would be in my way also or hitting my leg(6'4"..250 lbs.)but it was not in the way at all and its a big radio 148GTL.Did not even drill any holes to mount it just used old bungie hooks to hang it on the tray.

Attachments

• DSC02716.jpg
    DSC02716.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 2,024
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've got mine the same as searay but I mounted mine to an old wooden shelf and slid it in the pocket and have it wired to a cigarette adapter so I can easily move it between vehicles

GoatRider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 4.7
I have one too, but not the full length console, it's mounted in front of my cup holders in my '13 slt. Nobody ever rides b*tch, so I don't have to worry about dismounting for the center console to flip back up.

averageguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
The full length console limits my mounting options, I think on the side would be hitting my leg. Any issues with the sun beating down on it if it's on top of the dash?

On the top of the dash or hanging from the roof at the top of the windshield is very common in semis. I like the cb at work and on trips but it has definitely changed since I started driving for a living 17 years ago. With ipods, smart phones, satellite radio and a lot more drivers that don't speak English, its pretty quiet. It will help sometimes though. I have noticed the further from metro Detroit you are, the more friendly and helpful the cb is.

bravada94

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
where are you running the antenna to. ive seen some window mount that spurred my interest but i havent decided the direction i want to go. its cold outside so im not doin much yet.

BoldAdventure

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Where to mount is my debate currently. I have a 6ft Firestick off my old rig I want to reuse. Having the Ram boxes means I don't have a bedrail stake hole near the front of the bed, just in the rear.

So up in the air. Don't think I want it hanging off the back of the truck. Decisions, decisions.

VegasDragger45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Where to mount is my debate currently. I have a 6ft Firestick off my old rig I want to reuse. Having the Ram boxes means I don't have a bedrail stake hole near the front of the bed, just in the rear.

So up in the air. Don't think I want it hanging off the back of the truck. Decisions, decisions.

I was having this same debate but I don't have the RAM box. I decided to purchase a low profile bed box and mounted it to that. I didn't want to drill any holes in my bed to mount the base. Plus this allows the antenna to be more hidden behind the cab. I'm waiting on the box to be delivered then I will post pics.

theweekendrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
1500 - Hemi
I added onto the video idea and mounted my 2m / 70 cm and 10 m radios on the dash. I have made a few versions and this is the latest iteration.

picture.php

picture.php

Searay245se

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon Laramie
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Is that the Cobra 200? Nice radio but very touchy with the match,alittle to high and **** out comes the magic smoke.But great radio plenty of power and great modulation.

theweekendrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
1500 - Hemi
do not forget the gtl at the end. Obtained if from a SK and it has several contacts on 10 m in the log.

I need to get a filter, it picks up some noise on the feed line. I will wait till the temp gets above freezing to work on that.