CD player

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

greenvan

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 Dodge ram van 1500
Engine
5.2 v-8
I have a 99 Dodge van with a radio with casette player. I bought a radio with a Cd player from a junkyard off of a 2000 Ram truck. It is identical to mine except for the CD player. Wiring hookups are the same. The radio, casette player works but the CD doesn't. It accepts the CD,lights up and says track one but then error comes up and it ejects the CD. Anyone have any idea why the CD won't play?

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Well, that old of a radio... Are you sure the CD player worked in the first place? Another thing to check, what sort of disc are you trying? I had a 2001 with a similar, if not the same, radio and it would only play burned CDs if they'd been fully closed out when made.

-K

99RoughCountryRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 litre 360 magnum v8
Try a new old stock CD like off eBay made around the 1994-1998 year range that could be the issue it was either a faulty CD or it could be how it was burned I had a 2005 Sony Xplod gt series cdmp3 stereo receiver and it wouldn't play CDs that were enhanced dual layer CDs or rw home burned CDs it was just picky