Center Console Add-On

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedRAM21

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Hello All,
First Posting, but a necessary one for my latest modification, the install of the 8 Position Electronic Switch Panel.

I want to locate the Switch Panel (SP) in the front of the Center Console up against the USB Connector Location. There is a 1" flat area that works perfectly for this purpose and using the mounting hardware supplied with the unit.

Since I don't know the RAM yet, I don't know what is under the area I want to drill into or through. I would like to mount the SP with through bolts, the best method would be to remove the part I want to drill through but I don't know how to do that either.

Anyone familiar with the center console construction in a 2021 RAM BigHorn ?
Any help would be better than none.

Thanks up front for any assist, and any suggestions.

I can get picture but since I am new, I am not sure if I can even post pictures.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RedRAM21

RedRAM21

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Thanks for taking time to reply.
Etsy's item is for the Auxbeam version, mine is the Mictung version.
I've asked to have one made for the size of mine and have had no luck.

What I need to know is what is under the area of the center console I want to drill in and/or how do I get in the underside of the console ?

Later.

OP
OP
RedRAM21

RedRAM21

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I found someone on Etsy to make a custom piece to fit the Mictuning Version of the Digital Switch.
I asked him to hold making of the piece because I had a problem and was going to sent the Switch Panel back AND I might get a newer one that is a little larger.
I went back to Etsy to tell him it was OK to finish and was told he wasn't making custom units until after September, way too late for my project.
So I'm back to square one... I now need a mounting method and I still need to know if I can drill into the front section of the center console without interference.

I may go back to the mount provided by Mictuning, just some metal straps, bolted together, should work ok though.

Back to the beginning ! LoL !

Anyone have any ideas to what is inside of the Center Console, towards the front where the phone pickup the wireless charging ?