Center console safe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rherman1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummings
I picked up the console safe for a seller on eBay, I got it for $150. It was a good deal and is made pretty well. the back 4 screws are a b*&ch to get in as you can't use a screw gun but with some pressure and constant turning they start to go through the plastic. The 4 that hold the front down were very easy to install. The instructions are very straight forward. The front plastic pieces that have to be broke off were easy to do, the back 2 the instructions say break them off, If you angle the part it drops in with a little effort and they can stay. It is a well made safe, I wouldn't leave anything valuable in it overnight but for the daytime or if you need to lock something up for a trip into a bank or a "gun free zone" it will do the job! It is worth the money, install took about 20 minutes and that mostly was spent on the 4 screws in the back of it!
IMG_3910.JPG IMG_3911.JPG

NorthStar1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn/Lone Star 4x2 Crew
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
I had a Console Vault shipped to me on Tuesday under their Black Friday special and it arrived today. I’ve owned their products in the past and they are always rock solid. Installation was easy and didn’t require breaking off anything other than simply folding the small divider up. Installed the screws and it is solid. Highly recommended!

https://www.consolevault.com/Dodge-Ram-1500-Console-Vault-2019_p_176.html

rdm1465

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 , non e-torque
Looks nice. After looking on the site. It states that you will lose the sliding tray feature. Not sure at the moment if I like that. Will have to wait and see. I just got the truck and need to see how much the sliding tray is used.

NorthStar1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
You only lose the sliding tray if installing in a Longhorn or Limited. All others retain the sliding tray functionality with no problems.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You only lose the sliding tray if installing in a Longhorn or Limited. All others retain the sliding tray functionality with no problems.

Just out of curiosity, why on the longhorn/limited only?

NorthStar1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Not a clue...perhaps their slider is deeper. Someone with a Longhorn or Limited will need to chime in in this one...

Reverse

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i installed the Locker Down in my Limited, and it fits great. No modifications needed other than removing the divider panel (with the 4 previous gens on it). Because of the Limited's ummm limited space, the vault is pretty small, just enough for a full-size pistol in my case (and maybe one magazine).

I had originally ordered the one from Console Vault, sinc I had one in our Big Horn and really liked it, but they don't make one for the Longhorn/Limited consoles.

Ibsledge

Military
Reaction score
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The slider on limited and longhorn is deeper thus manufactures have had to make 2 different console safes. 1 shallow - limited / longhorn and a deeper one for all the others.

KentG

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 DT Big Horn
Engine
HEMI 5.7 V8
I had a Console Vault shipped to me on Tuesday under their Black Friday special and it arrived today. I’ve owned their products in the past and they are always rock solid. Installation was easy and didn’t require breaking off anything other than simply folding the small divider up. Installed the screws and it is solid. Highly recommended!

https://www.consolevault.com/Dodge-Ram-1500-Console-Vault-2019_p_176.html

This was one of my first upgrades to my 2020. I asked at the dealership and it is the Z direction of the fit that makes you loose the sliding on the Limited/Longhorn. Mine fit in just right, and took about 20 minutes to install.

Pretty much it just houses my carry on the times i cant keep it on my side.