Changing my wheels from black to polished?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Powdercoating works pretty well.

I had my SRT wheels powdercoated in a color combo called "Silvervein". I considered black but the wheel detail would just be lost against the sidewall and the wheelwell liner. I wanted some color but no chrome.

I had the inside of the barrel along with the backside of the wheel center done with flat black. The outside of the barrel is silver with a small overlap of the Silvervein.

The face side of the rim and spokes are done in Silvervein. Last step was to give the entire wheel, except for the mounting hub, some clearcoat.

Nine years later they still look fantastic.

PICT0001.jpg

Day4PicX.jpg

Day4PicXIII.jpg

Day4PicXII.jpg

032509%20SF%20crop_zpsxsmj6erj.jpg

Purplert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
IMG_6125.jpg

Since we can’t decide... powdercost them black chrome and have the best of both words...

Black rims can look good depending on the color and style of vehicle it’s going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I've considered going white, but I'm only ever "on trend" by accident.TCKUTMRDVZEBXXKFNZXQ.jpg

Purplert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Until brake dust causes them to turn to sh*t. Seen it happen to many times or you’ll get tired of having to clean them everyday.

OP
OP
circuitguy

circuitguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram Tradesman Regular Cab
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I like this color. Got these for the wife's Challenger back in December.

IMG_2136.JPG

Jessica Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Until brake dust causes them to turn to sh*t.
Ceramic brake pads and an electric pressure washer spray, yo. Gets way less dusty, and can blast it off (without hurting the wheel) in no time when you wash.

Purplert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ceramic brake pads and an electric pressure washer spray, yo. Gets way less dusty, and can blast it off (without hurting the wheel) in no time when you wash.

Ceramic coating helps too but I still for one don’t enjoy having to wash rims every day or every other day no matter how easy it is , your still going to get brake dust from ceramic pads.

bigred90gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I can’t stand black wheels on vehicles. I think all design gets lost in the darkness and they look like old cheap factory spare tire wheels. I vote anything chrome/silver/brushed/machined finish over anything black.