Chasing p0344 issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jpic415

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2017 5.7v8. About a week ago I got a random CEL. Shortly after the traction control came on. Vehicle would not get over 45mph without cutting out. I scanned and got a p0344 code. Bought an aftermarket cam sensor from advance auto and swapped it out. Cleared code and was good for about a day. Then it all came back to square 1. Scanned it again and got the same code along with p1dd2 and u1428. Only thing I can think of is to try and oem sensor?

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I would drive it around town & a bit of 55 to 65 MPH highway for about a week, just following the stop signs & speed limit signs,

That may shut off the p0344 trouble code

I find this trouble shooting site to be better than most

The DTC P1DD2 - Torque Request Signal From TCM Denied will be present, set by the TCM and the vehicle will be in limp home mode (Sales Codes DF5 and DF7 - Automatic Transmission Vehicles Only).

it may shut off, just after the p0344 code is cleared

They had issues with the Jeep vehicles, i post this, because it may contain other information

this may also be related to the p0344 issue