Check Engine Light Out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
Just like the title says, ever since I got this truck the check engine light has been out. The only way I ever know it throws codes is through a scantool. Also, the 5 MPH notch on the speedometer is out. I'm not sure exactly why because I thought the entire cluster was backlit by just a few bulbs?

Anyone ever see a problem like this?

Also I figure I don't need another thread to ask this, but what kind of pin header terminals do I need to get if I want to add some wires to the OEM harness? I can't find much info on it anywhere

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
There are several bulbs in the circuit board for the instrument cluster. There is also a dedicated bulb for the MIL. Take the upper trim loose in front of the cluster. It has 2 vertical screws that retain it to the top pad. Remove the 4 screws from the cluster and pull it out. You can check all of the lamps and replace the ones that failed.