Check valve question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommyboi87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
This is on the passenger side of the intake manifold. is the piece connected to the 90 that is coming off the manifold a check valve? If so, should air travel freely through both sides? If not which way is the air supposed to flow? I'm thinking it is a check valve, and the air should be flowing through it from the intake manifold, and shouldn't be allowing air to go back into the manifold. Which is what I think is causing my a/c problem seeing that the vacuum line coming off of it goes to a little splitter that goes into the firewall. Just needing some insight before I change it so I don't mess something up. So by all means, correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks guys.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1437062055286.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1437062055286.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 142
OP
OP
tommyboi87

tommyboi87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
Thank you guys so much for the 'oh so' helpful responses.

MagSport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sorry boss some of us are busy working in the sun and don't really have time.
There should only be one check valve at the two lines near the firewall. The lines at the passenger side of the intake just feed to your cruise and that check valve. If the check valve is messed up, or any of your lines are busted, your ac vents won't work right. They will move under heavy acceleration or stay in defrost.

Edit: you are correct, there are two vacuum check valves, one at the firewall and one at the intake. The side that blows through should blow through to the intake. It shouldn't blow up stream towards the firewall.

Last edited:
OP
OP
tommyboi87

tommyboi87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
Yea, I figured it out, at work, on my lunch break, in the hot sun.