chrome clad wheel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Popnfresh21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi. I am new and forgive me if this has been posted before. I searched and i didnt find an answer to what my question is.
I have the 18' 5 spoke chrome clad 20 inch wheels on my pickup and one of the clads is dinged up and scratched.
Can i buy just the clad to replace my crappy one?
I have looked at those wheel skins, will those work to cover my chrome cladding or if i take off my damaged chrome clads, can i put the wheel skins on the rim and it looks all the same?
i have seen that the skins will fit the express model painted 5 spoke rims, are my rims the same as those but have the chrome clading vs. just being painted?

I am trying to avoid buying a new rim or new set of aftermarket rims. Looking to stay as budget friendly as possible.

thank you

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Nope they are an assembly and held on with glue from hell. The clad is destroyed when taking them off unless you are very, very to infinity lucky. They are some kind metal chrome plated. I tired to take the clad off because I am anti-chrome and almost sliced the palm of my hand on a tool slip.

full

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
eBay or Craigslist. I’ve bought two used spare factory wheels off eBay for a couple hundred each that were in excellent condition with no issues.

OP
OP
P

Popnfresh21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
thanks for the replys.
so next question. i found a rim from a 15 that looks the same but is only 8 inches wide vs my 9 inch wide rims. can i use that 8 with no problem?
its crazy hard trying to do this budget friendly