Clearance light leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dbracela

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Hi folks. I have a 2017 power wagon. 2 of the clearance/cab lights are collecting water. The lenses are cracked where the screws go in. The dealer is being pissy about replacing them under warranty. So, if they don’t, I think I’d like to go with an aftermarket set. My truck is all black, and the clear lenses look funny sitting up there. I like the look when they’re on, the orange looks nice. So, I’m wondering if anyone has had any luck finding a compatible set with either orange lenses or smoked lenses? Any chance anyone has a link to a set that would ship to Canada? Every set I have found don’t have my year listed, anyone know what years are compatible? I'm fine with just changing the lenses and keeping the stock wiring and bulbs.
Thanks for you time.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There's actually a Technical Service Bulletin for this, your dealer is shady, they were over torqued from the factory, its a known issue

TSB #23-014-17
NHTSA ID #10140036
  • Date Announced: MARCH 17 2017
Summary: Cracked Clearance Lamps This bulletin involves replacing the cab clearance lamps. The vehicle may have been built with cab clearance lamps that may fail prematurely.

https://www.ramforum.com/threads/check-your-cab-light-lenses.114670/#post-1649076

OP
OP
Dbracela

Dbracela

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
There's actually a Technical Service Bulletin for this, your dealer is shady, they were over torqued from the factory, its a known issue

TSB #23-014-17
NHTSA ID #10140036
  • Date Announced: MARCH 17 2017
Summary: Cracked Clearance Lamps This bulletin involves replacing the cab clearance lamps. The vehicle may have been built with cab clearance lamps that may fail prematurely.

https://www.ramforum.com/threads/check-your-cab-light-lenses.114670/#post-1649076

Thanks. I just got a call from the dealer. It’s covered and they’ll be replacing them once they get the parts in. I’ll be showing them this tsb though. She was either shady or uninformed or just lazy. Appreciate the info.

Reactions: JB1

Sdreeser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
The factory lights are cheap junk. I had the dealer replace 3 of them on my 2018 pw. So I bought smoked with amber led from gorecon.com for $99.00. They worked great for about 2 months and then 2 kept flickering out. Not first time I had issues with recon products. Went on Amazon and bought a set from a company called partsnet, I think? They are smoked with white leds for only $30.00 for all 5!!! They have been working great. They are same shape and style as factory only smoked and have led lights which are much brighter and better looking than factory. They are easy to install they plug right into your factory bulb socket no cutting wires or rewiring and fit on roof exactly like factory ones. I guess it goes to say you dont always have to buy the most expensive product to get great quality and fitment. So there are a couple of options for you if you get tired of the clear factory ones and visiting the dealer the next time you see moisture in them

2001ws6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
The factory lights are cheap junk. I had the dealer replace 3 of them on my 2018 pw. So I bought smoked with amber led from gorecon.com for $99.00. They worked great for about 2 months and then 2 kept flickering out. Not first time I had issues with recon products. Went on Amazon and bought a set from a company called partsnet, I think? They are smoked with white leds for only $30.00 for all 5!!! They have been working great. They are same shape and style as factory only smoked and have led lights which are much brighter and better looking than factory. They are easy to install they plug right into your factory bulb socket no cutting wires or rewiring and fit on roof exactly like factory ones. I guess it goes to say you dont always have to buy the most expensive product to get great quality and fitment. So there are a couple of options for you if you get tired of the clear factory ones and visiting the dealer the next time you see moisture in them

Thanks for the info. One of my lights is getting water in it already.

Are theses the lights?

https://www.amazon.com/Partsam-Clearance-Assembly-Replacement-2003-2018/dp/B01FJH1T6M

Sdreeser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Thanks for the info. One of my lights is getting water in it already.

Are theses the lights?

https://www.amazon.com/Partsam-Clearance-Assembly-Replacement-2003-2018/dp/B01FJH1T6M
Yes those are the lights. I have been very happy with them so far. Just a tip, I removed the rubber seat pad on the factory lights and installed them on the new set. Makes them look like factory lights and helps seal them to roof better. For the price u cant beat them. You could buy 3 sets for the price of one factory set or the recon set.

Mazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Haven't had any issues with my clearance lights yet, but it's great to see some nice options!

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
Mine are like that on the used 17' I just bought. I ended up finding the oem covers for sale online and bought some of those. May smoke them myself before I install em

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Dbracela

Dbracela

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

That sounds like something I’d like to try.
Do you happen to have a part number?
Never mind, I see them in the other reply. Thanks