Check your cab light lenses

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tri-J

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
About 2 weeks ago, I started hearing a 'wind' sound. Kinda like when you blow across the top of a coke bottle. At first I though maybe a wheel bearing or some sort of vacuum hose loose. Couldn't find a problem. Several nights of driving home from work without the radio on, just listening. I heard it above 20 mph to frwy speeds. Didn't get louder, just the same sound. Coast in neutral, same sound, give it some gas, same sound.

I finally realized the sound wasn't coming from the front, it was from above.

When I looked at my 5 cab lights on the roof, I saw the center one had water inside. A closer inspection revealed there was a hole broken out in the lens, behind the front screw. The lenses on each side of that light were also cracked.

I usually hand wash my truck-but with all the cold weather, I've been through a couple of drive-thru's. I'm guessing that's when it happened.

Replaced the lenses today and it's all quiet again! No more automatic car washes.:mad:

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
Thanks for that! Appreciate the heads up. I never use auto car washes. Several reasons. Even in winter, I'll just wait for an above freezing day and wash it myself then. No fun, but I get it done....lol

kiloRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Had to have my clearance lights replaced a couple weeks after I got my truck. Dealer said they sometimes come from factory that way, and they just replaced all my covers. Hadn't had an issue since.

To clarify, I had a couple that had condensation in them after some storms.

Bock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I also had my cab clearance light lens replace by my dealer when it rain or I wash my truck I would get water in them.