Climate control running hot?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wsutard1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
I’ve only had my truck, 22 Limited 1500, a few days but I’m noticing that the climate control temperature runs very hot. I’ll have it set at 68 but it will be pumping out max heat. 10-15 minutes later it will start to pump out the temperature I’ve selected.

Is this a case of the truck needing to learn itself or is is possible my climate control isn’t calibrated correctly?

Can the dealer even calibrate the climate control?

mayablue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Turbo Diesel
it's probably getting the cabin up to temperature and then regulating the temperature, which is why the change

OP
OP
wsutard1

wsutard1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
Took this into the dealer. They replicated the issue but they couldn’t find any official service bulletin from Ram that would guide them. However, the tech did find a post on a Ram Tech forum that discusses the issue with Ram replying that this is a known issue and they are working on a software fix. However, there is no timeline for the fix.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Remember back in the 40s - 70s,
when all cars & trucks had these controlling the flow of water going to the heater, they were just outside of the firewall.

I would not be surprised if something similar should be put on our Rams, it would need a relief line coming off of the valve, so that the supply line would not build up too much pressure

1645664585016.png

1645665186490.png

1645665344775.png

Last edited:

Tizzy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I noticed the same on my 19. My dealer recalibrated the actuators/doors and it seems better. They also said it measures ambient air to help regulate the temp. IE, if it’s really cold out you won’t get super cold AC coming through the vents compared to if it were hot out.
Maybe a software update will help.