Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UncleRooskie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ran into a problem with my climate control, only on drivers side. When adjusting my heat the temperature will drop from hi to low on its own, when I turn it back to high it will again drop to low. Sometimes the buttons won’t work and I have to adjust from the 8.4 screen only to have it drop to low again. If I turn it off it will turn itself back on. It’s like arguing with a toddler. I replaced the climate control module $630 and it didn’t fix the problem. All my fuses are good. So now I need some Ram advice

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I'd suspect something with the physical HVAC buttons causing the problem, if it was the 8.4 screen you would most likely have issues with the radio glitching also.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you can get to Autozone/OReilly's see if their scanner can navigate to the HVAC controls within their scanner software, and see if there are any codes present. Take a picture if there are. IDK what scanner they use or what it's capabilities are. If you/they do that, also see if they will run it through it's test paces and watch (in real-time ..on the scanner screen) the damper actuators positioning and ensure they are moving. If you have one that's flaky or has a code, that could be it. Clear the codes.

Start with the code scan and ensure the actuators are operating properly. If you go to the parts store mid-day they usually have less foot-traffic, their guy may have more time to assist.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat