Clunking Rattle Noise Coming From Front End

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FTMike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 2006 Ram 1500 2wd. I have a clunking rattle noise coming from the front end when going over bumps. It goes away when I'm either barely or just on the brakes normally. It drives me crazy not knowing what it is. I honestly have no clue to what it could be. I've replaced the upper control arms about 3 months ago but no luck. Anything I could check before deciding to bring it to the dealership. Any feedback/help to what the issue is would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

MrM2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2006 Ram 1500 2wd. I have a clunking rattle noise coming from the front end when going over bumps. It goes away when I'm either barely or just on the brakes normally. It drives me crazy not knowing what it is. I honestly have no clue to what it could be. I've replaced the upper control arms about 3 months ago but no luck. Anything I could check before deciding to bring it to the dealership. Any feedback/help to what the issue is would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hey check your sway bar links and bushings,and also your struts,mine is a 07 4x4 with same noise,I changed the links and bushings with moog brand and the noise is gone

OP
OP
FTMike

FTMike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey check your sway bar links and bushings,and also your struts,mine is a 07 4x4 with same noise,I changed the links and bushings with moog brand and the noise is gone

Will do. Thanks.

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
Will do. Thanks.
Also, don’t bring it to the stealership. They’ll **** you, I’d try to find a decent indie shop that knows dodge platforms well.

Because you say the noise goes away when braking, I’m leaning towards a loose caliper or a pad is rattling around etc etc. but either way, take a look or have it looked at, sooner than later is best.

OP
OP
FTMike

FTMike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Also, don’t bring it to the stealership. They’ll **** you, I’d try to find a decent indie shop that knows dodge platforms well.

Because you say the noise goes away when braking, I’m leaning towards a loose caliper or a pad is rattling around etc etc. but either way, take a look or have it looked at, sooner than later is best.

Thanks for your feedback. Will look into the calipers and brake pads.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
denning