Cluster instrument screen protector

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Xyleff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Interested in something to protect cluster instrument from scratches. Does anybody know of anyone that makes these?

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
You could cover the lens with PPF, but then you might eventually see scratches in the PPF. I don't know of any screen protectors made specifically for the gauge cluster. If it's bad enough you could replace the lens. It costs less than $70.

Edit: It just occurred to me you might be talking about the center screen (uconnect). If so, Amazon has many to choose from.

OP
OP
Xyleff

Xyleff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You could cover the lens with PPF, but then you might eventually see scratches in the PPF. I don't know of any screen protectors made specifically for the gauge cluster. If it's bad enough you could replace the lens. It costs less than $70.

Edit: It just occurred to me you might be talking about the center screen (uconnect). If so, Amazon has many to choose from.
No, this is exactly what I’m looking for. Just a screen protector for the cluster. Tried cleaning mine and didn’t realize there was something in micro fiber towel and made my ocd go berserk

OP
OP
Xyleff

Xyleff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
After looking around on google I found what i was looking for.

Just in case anybody else was interested. Thanks for the replies!

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am excited to see how this turns out. I hate how easy the plastic scratches on the instrument cluster.

OP
OP
Xyleff

Xyleff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, i just finished installing the cluster portion. First, I’m not very familiar with this type of thing… The squeegee, water and the film stuff(I know, it should be pretty simple) but it wasn’t for me lol. Looks easier than doing. Second, the precut film seemed rather bigger than the actual cluster so it was hard for me to rub out excess bubbles/water in such a tight area. I did get it to line up as good as possible (for me). It’s not great, not perfect but something protective on now. However, like i said I’ve never done this before. I used their supplied plastic scraper/squeegee tool to get the excess bubbles out as instructed but feel like I might’ve caused more damage then prevented it. I was going at it with the bubbles. So hopefully not.. But if you’re good with this type of thing and cared to protect the screen, i think it’s worth it.

Badger 13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I tried one that was some type of clear material, but I could not get all the air bubbles out of. I wasn't happy with that so I looked for something better. I found the same one "Bigs" referenced in a previous post, and it is great.

OP
OP
Xyleff

Xyleff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I tried one that was some type of clear material, but I could not get all the air bubbles out of. I wasn't happy with that so I looked for something better. I found the same one "Bigs" referenced in a previous post, and it is great.
Yeah, i tried best i could to line it up perfectly, prevent any lint from getting on film and getting all the air bubbles out but still had bubbles. I’ll leave it alone for now since it’s on. If it does cause more bubbling or come undone for whatever reason, I’ll just take it off and see if i can have it done professionally. Plus, then i guess I’ll be able to see what kind of damage ive done with trying to rub out all the bubbles lol. I think the one “Bigs” referenced is for only the radio screen.