Code P0441 help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bryan22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok so I get a P0440 code about 2the weeks ago it came on for a day then went off. I researched the code checked what I could find dealing with the code nothing seemed to be wrong. A week or so later got a P0441 code now. What is up does anyone have an idea on how to fix this or what could be causing this code? I'm thinking maybe the emission purge valve near the battery on the driver side fender well. Any thoughts?

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Wiki is our friend. Replace your gas cap, clear the code (disconnect your negative battery cable for 30 minutes) then go for a drive. If the code returns, try clearing it one more time.

If it comes back, here is some more info to consider:

This indicates that a part of the EVAP control system is no longer functioning correctly. The EVAP system consists of many parts, including (but not limited to) the gas cap, fuel lines, carbon canister, purge valve, and other hoses. The (EVAP) emission control system prevents the escape of fuel vapors from a vehicle's fuel system. Fuel vapors are routed by hoses to a charcoal canister for storage. Later, when the engine is running a purge control valve opens allowing intake vacuum to siphon the fuel vapors into the engine.

EVAP emission canister purge is controlled by a valve which allows engine vacuum to pull stored fuel vapors from fuel tank into the engine to be burned, rather than be vented to atmosphere. A vacuum switch is used to detect when flow exists. If the PCM commands purge and sees that the switch is closed (indicating no detected purge flow) P0441 is set.
Symptoms

Likely, no symptoms will be discernible to the driver, other than the illuminated Check Engine Light.
Causes

A code P0441 could mean one or more of the following has happened:

Bad vacuum switch
Broken or damaged EVAP line or canister
Open in PCM purge command circuit
Open or short in Voltage feed circuit to Purge Solenoid
Faulty purge solenoid
Restriction in EVAP solenoid, line or canister
Corrosion or resistance in purge connector
Bad PCM

Possible Solutions

With a P0441 OBD-II trouble code, diagnosis can be tricky at times. Here are some things to try:

Common Chrysler fix - Replace Leak Detection Pump / LDP
Repair damaged EVAP lines or canister
Repair open or short in voltage feed circuit to Purge Solenoid
Repair open in PCM purge command circuit
Replace purge Solenoid
Replace vacuum switch
Repair restriction in Evap line or canister or solenoid
Repair resistance in purge connector

deuceram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
i know when i have had an evap leak on my truck it was a p0456 but that was a very small leak id check your gasket around the fuel pump too because thats rather common on these trucks

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca