Code P2469 - Diesel Particulate Filter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ichiban01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Turbo Diesel
Looking for Advice on Code P2459 resolution. Dealer stated they had their Top Diesel Mechanic work on my 2021 Ram 3500 which popped the error code. Presumably, they ruled out Fuel System Failure, Base Engine Failure, Fuel System or Air Handling System Failure, and Faulty Diesel Particulate Filter. They stated that I had an Air Filter that used glue strips in its construction and that created the problem. I had recently put an OEM filter in. Then they added that the filter was clogged because I had not serviced it as required. I told them I would take care of the filter (as I had doubts on what they were saying). They charged me $1300 to flush the filter. When I picked my truck up they stated they went ahead and changed the air filter as a courtesy. So now I had no way to verify what they told me. I also researched the Particulate Filter Service they said I neglected to perform. This service is to be performed around 75,000 miles. NOTE I had just hit 40,000 miles.

The second short trip I took the filter gauge quickly ran over 30% and threw another P2459 code. Their service did not fix the problem and I know feel taken. I talked to the Assistant General Manager and expressed my dissatisfaction and requested they look at my vehicle again. He assured me his Service Department would now return my calls, which they had been ignoring, and contact me to schedule another appointment. Nothing but crickets so far.

Presuming they actually troubleshot the normal causes for this code, what else could be causing the problem. The majority of mile on my Ram are highway miles.

flecker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
Go to a mechanic. Nobody here knows anything. At least not enough to help... So you MUST see a mechanic.

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
This could be as simple as a faulty DPF pressure sensor. You need to take it to a reputable diesel mechanic that can monitor the parameters with a scan tool to verify if the sensor is working correctly or not.

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
I also researched the Particulate Filter Service they said I neglected to perform. This service is to be performed around 75,000 miles.
What 75k service are you referring to?

Condensed maint. chart
1705766742759.png