Coil spring to tortion bar conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DodgeThisRam03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a ram 1500 with coil springs. I was wondering if it were possible to change to tortion bars using a donor vehicle and what It would take to convert it. what would i have to get off of the donor, Tortion bar, crossmember, etc. Please nothing about why I would change.

Reaper26

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
the easiest way to do that,,, would prob be get a year model with t-bars, theres not going to be anything easy about trying to do that, mine has bars and ive rode in the newer ones with springs and they ride alot better, but id still rather have mine. youd need the lower arm, t- bar, crossmember, i dont have a new one to look at but you might need the upper arm as well, shocks, basically all of the front end components! it may be easier to just swap the entire frame out. thats guna be alot of work man!

OP
OP
DodgeThisRam03

DodgeThisRam03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
the easiest way to do that,,, would prob be get a year model with t-bars, theres not going to be anything easy about trying to do that, mine has bars and ive rode in the newer ones with springs and they ride alot better, but id still rather have mine. youd need the lower arm, t- bar, crossmember, i dont have a new one to look at but you might need the upper arm as well, shocks, basically all of the front end components! it may be easier to just swap the entire frame out. thats guna be alot of work man!

New One? I have a 2003 and I have seen the ones with tortion bars and used to have a truck that had tortion bars. IMO torion bars are easyer to work around and the mod possibilities go way up from those with coil springs. I was just wanting some pointers and I wanted to make sure I wasn't overlooking anything I might need.

Reaper26

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
if you have a 03 it should have the bars, mines 04, 03-05 was all the same, is it 2 or 4 wheel drive? that might be the difference, ive never really looked at a 2wd.

OP
OP
DodgeThisRam03

DodgeThisRam03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you must know, I plan on doing alot to it in the future. One of the main reasons I want to go to Torsion Bars is because it will make it alot easier when I add 4wd. Most people thing changing to 4wd is not worth it, but this truck is my project truck. I just need to know what parts it will take to change it over.

OP
OP
DodgeThisRam03

DodgeThisRam03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't want to do a Solid Axle Swap. I want to mod my truck in stages. One thing at a time. Doing it all at once takes the fun out of it. I want to know what parts i need to change it over to torsion bars.