Complete How to do a LED Conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tnctx02

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM SLT
Engine
3.6L Pentastar V6
If this has been asked I missed it. Has anyone swapped an LED into the footwell lights?

No Tyme

Reaction score
Ram Year
I have a strange one with interior LED's. I have a 2018 rcsb that I added an overhead console to about 5 months ago and no problems until I added some LED's about 3 weeks ago. They were from China and supposed to be CAN bus compatible and error free. They worked fine for about 2 weeks and I really love the bright light. Last week I noticed that when I opened the passenger door none of the interior lights came on but I didn't pay much attention to it. I noticed today that I was having the same issue when I opened either door and even turning the dimmer dial to interior setting they wouldn't come on. When I push each individual o/h console switch those lights work but the dome never came on at all.

So I took the LED's out and put the incandescent bulbs back it and everything is back to perfect working order. Is the CAN bus or whatever in these or my 2018 that sensitive that it caused a problem with cheap bulbs?

I would like to ask you if you had to remove the console to change those bulbs or does the lens that you push to turn on the lights pop out for bulb replacement?

likes2build

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Express RCSB
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
The lens comes out without removing the console. I just pried it gently with a small screwdriver on the side of the front edge.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye