Concealment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jmhm17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
so that also means if your the only one in the car you can have 50 loaded ar15's int he back seat and it would not be an issue for instance..

If I may correct my post from a year ago.. This is actually infact illegal in MA. I have no idea why I said it wasn't..

Per the law you cannot have ANY LONG GUNS unlocked, and loaded regardless of your restrictions, so this means if you want to transport a shotgun (or AR) or carry one in your truck it needs to be unloaded in a locked case, or unloaded (no case) in your trunk - which we don't have, unless you have Ram Boxes. However, You can have ONE (per a licensed person) loaded pistol in "direct control", anything additional (pistols included) needs to be unloaded and locked up. clear as mud? good.. welcome to my life lol

strmtrooper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bought an under the desk magnet at academy sports and have been trying out different places in the truck. It comes with mounting screws and if you want a more permanent getup you could just screw the magnet onto the console. In my situation I placed the magnet on the inside of the console pocket and it has enough pull through the plastic to hold my sig upright. To get the gun ready to fire takes a very minimum effort to brake it from where it is held up with the magnet.

strmtrooper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'll post this again cause it was way back on page three. But this works fairly well. Just a cheap $15 universal holster with extra mag pocket. It's rarely in there, but for long trips it's nice to get it out of the waist band.

I do not like the idea of leaving a gun in my truck though. Even in the nice neighborhood I live in, I just like to have my guns in my house if I'm not carrying it. If you want a second gun, carry a back-up. Ankle holster or something.

picture.php

I do like how it has the extra mag pouch.

tncruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7hemi
im not saying I do or don't BUT if I did . I have a carry permit as does my wife in the class she hit body mass with all 45 shots ,but kinda low so if your coming at her a bullet proof jock strap is needed. I would carry a 5shot 22 cal pocket pistol ,it's the perfect get away from me NOW and my 38 in the console. BUT I wont answer the question if I carry; if someone puts me in fear of my safety the question will be obvious

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
Really don't have a set place for mine... It usually stays in my EDC pack, but I'll stick it between the center console and the middle seat, in my lap... really just depends on where I'm at. During the work week it's always in my EDC pack since firearms are prohibited on company property, but when I hired on I got it cleared with HR to "have it", but keep it "hidden". They don't ever go looking through peoples vehicles though or I'd be in trouble with an AR on the back seat.

06RKCustom

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Unfortunately many US states are like this as well, including my current state of residence...the constitution hating, undeserved entitlement demanding capital of the world...Maryland...BOOOOOOO!!!!

Oh, we've got you beat here in Illinois....

Magna

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Oh, we've got you beat here in Illinois....

At least you have a chance of getting a carry permit in IL. Try getting one in NJ if you're not a cop, politician or multi-millionaire.

One of the first things I did when I moved to Texas was start the process to get my CHL.

This signature is AWESOME!!!

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I do like how it has the extra mag pouch.

Another good part about that holster, it fits numerous pistols. I've had my 1911 in there and my Kel-Tec PF9. Though the PF9 just kind of sits in there, lol.

DarthMegaHD

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4 MegaCab 4x4 Black Edition
I keep my XD mod2 in my glove box holstered in uncle mikes iwc

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Where did you get it?

I think I picked that one up at a gun show. It was just some cheap all-n-one holster. Not really useful as a holster ironically. It moves around to much on your hip because of the cheap clip. But it works great in the truck.

It honestly reminded me of some of the airsoft gun holsters I've seen.

Glowrdr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I like the idea of just clipping it to the center console - probably buy a crappy holster, and glue the inside of the clip so its secure (don't want it pulling off if I ever needed to draw). I saw someone had a nice mount inside the center console, but I wonder how realistic that would be in an instance of a car jacking or someone opening your door. I've only run into one scenario with my old Ram that I would have thought about drawing - honked at a guy for backing out without looking, and he got out of his car with a bat. If I was carrying at the time, I probably would have pointed at him through the windshield and gave him time to decide his next move.

FIMS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Excuse my ignorance for not reading 14 pages of this thread. Has anyone suggested magnets?

I normally have a G43 in a pocket holster, but the magnet I have for my cell phones case that is mounted under the shifter dial holds it just fine when attached to the slide, and the barrel put in the tray under the HVAC controls. (I'm not sure of the legalities of this in your state, but if I read my states rules on vehicle carry correctly its fine)

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Excuse my ignorance for not reading 14 pages of this thread. Has anyone suggested magnets?

I normally have a G43 in a pocket holster, but the magnet I have for my cell phones case that is mounted under the shifter dial holds it just fine when attached to the slide, and the barrel put in the tray under the HVAC controls. (I'm not sure of the legalities of this in your state, but if I read my states rules on vehicle carry correctly its fine)
You didn't miss anything...the thread only got back on topic in its recent revival. Someone did mention magnets in a similar thread.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

strmtrooper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

They sell concealment magnets at academy sports.