Concealment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ramenthusiast

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Crew Cab Sport
Engine
It's got a Hemi!
Well then you could always send me one and I will be your spokesman at eh gun clubs I shoot at. :ROFLJest::party36:

If I was going to keep making them, I might consider it. Unfortunately, there just isn't enough money in them for what they cost to make and how long it takes to sell them. When my current inventory is gone, I'm done.

Hrolfr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If I was going to keep making them, I might consider it. Unfortunately, there just isn't enough money in them for what they cost to make and how long it takes to sell them. When my current inventory is gone, I'm done.
Yeah, that is how things went for me when I was making bullet pens, everyone loved them, but made no since businesswise. I was just givin you a hard time about giving me one, I am so not that guy. :favorites13:

ToadyTwoStep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 2500 CC Long Bed
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I've been keeping my M&P in a First Aid kit stuffed in the center armrest, right next to the box of bandaids and TQs.

It's not a permanent solution, but who's gonna bother stealing a First Aid Kit?

ramenthusiast

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Crew Cab Sport
Engine
It's got a Hemi!
I've been keeping my M&P in a First Aid kit stuffed in the center armrest, right next to the box of bandaids and TQs.

It's not a permanent solution, but who's gonna bother stealing a First Aid Kit?

"Me." --the junky that broke into your truck

Hrolfr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
"Me." --the junky that broke into your truck
He does make a good point. I have a very good friend who is an Attorney in the States Attorney's office who has told me a lot of the guns they see used in crimes were stolen from inside cars.

Metalizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I just realized last night when trying to lock my glove box with my xds inside.....it doesn't lock. Hopefully you have enough of your lock boxes in stock.

This is has changed from a want to a need now.

hanadarko

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Gum creek holster w/ my Springfield XD

I was actually just looking at this VERY idea for my 2013. I just need to figure out which of their holsters my 1911 takes. Its a 4" railed and I got an email into them.

I think this install is perfect. It clears the hood pull, which was my main concern..

Its EZ to get to and no drilling required and can be moved from car-to-car if/when needed. I just wasnt so sure how solid it would be nor if there was any issue partially obstruction the ambient air sensor in that panel.

:favorites13:

Kicksncaps

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was actually just looking at this VERY idea for my 2013. I just need to figure out which of their holsters my 1911 takes. Its a 4" railed and I got an email into them.

I think this install is perfect. It clears the hood pull, which was my main concern..

Its EZ to get to and no drilling required and can be moved from car-to-car if/when needed. I just wasnt so sure how solid it would be nor if there was any issue partially obstruction the ambient air sensor in that panel.

:favorites13:
Only issue... very small tho is trying to get it tight enough to where there is no movement side to side. I'm 6'6" so I need it in a specific spot as to not hit my leg. It's only been an issue a handful of times in almost 2 years so it's pretty close to perfect

hanadarko

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Only issue... very small tho is trying to get it tight enough to where there is no movement side to side. I'm 6'6" so I need it in a specific spot as to not hit my leg. It's only been an issue a handful of times in almost 2 years so it's pretty close to perfect

Well we are also limited to where this mount can be affixed due to the hood release being directly center below of the column. I looked at this and figured I could mount it off to the side (which you did) and it SHOULD work.

So, based on your success I am going to order one Tuesday once I figure out the correct holster.....

I think this is about the best. I'm 6' and I don't see clearance being any issue but I like things affixed good and tight too.

:)

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does anyone make a lockable kit for the lower section of the center console?
I tend to like to keep my LC9 in the truck at all times. I don't carry it into work as we have a policy against it, but they all say if something happens go to my truck lol. But I would feel alot better knowing it was in a locked box in my truck so I didn't have to disable the trigger every time I get out to go to work... ???

Honestly I'd like to have a electro lock and put a button on my dash that unlocks it similar to a cop car

Awastatyme

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Laramie
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I tend to like to keep my LC9 in the truck at all times. I don't carry it into work as we have a policy against it, but they all say if something happens go to my truck lol. But I would feel alot better knowing it was in a locked box in my truck so I didn't have to disable the trigger every time I get out to go to work... ???

Honestly I'd like to have a electro lock and put a button on my dash that unlocks it similar to a cop car

I believe the Console Vault is what your looking for. They have 3 different locks for it too.

Sharp Charge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

http://www.ramforum.com/f42/gun_safe_install-4216/#post90859

toppyw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Another thing to remember is that ram makes locks for the the bins in the floor on crew cabs.

outkast

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have a question that is off topic, me and my family our making a trip in a month from Louisiana to Tennessee. I don't have a ccl at this time, does anyone here know if it would be legal to have my pistol in my truck while traveling? The route that i will be taking is from Louisiana threw Mississippi, a small piece of Alabama and then into Tennessee. The pistol would then only leave my truck to go inside the cabin we will be staying in. Thanks.

Statcher1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a question that is off topic, me and my family our making a trip in a month from Louisiana to Tennessee. I don't have a ccl at this time, does anyone here know if it would be legal to have my pistol in my truck while traveling? The route that i will be taking is from Louisiana threw Mississippi, a small piece of Alabama and then into Tennessee. The pistol would then only leave my truck to go inside the cabin we will be staying in. Thanks.

I would think so. Out of sight out of mind is how I see it. But I would check out the laws that each state has that your traveling through.

Sent from the Rocket in my Pocket

Jmhm17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI

You can google all the laws for the states you will be passing through. Generally speaking there is no federal law prohibiting you from doing so. Honestly if you are concerned I would call the State Police of each state and ask them - it's a legit question and they should be happy to give you the information you need.

Being that its concealed you may run into issues, as I think the general rule of thumb is that you cannot conceal carry or have you firearm on your person in a vehicle as it makes it concealed without some kind of non-res license, but again, Id call the State Police and ask..