Concealment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ramenthusiast

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Crew Cab Sport
Engine
It's got a Hemi!
Maybe I have a different outlook than most but I hope the posts in here of guns in lower consoles and such are backup pieces. You're only in your rig a fraction of your time so it only does you good a fraction of the time. If you are going to be armed, be armed all the time.

It would be nice to always carry, but us CCW permit holders here in FL still can't carry inside certain establishments (any that serve alcohol, for one). For those times when I have no choice but to leave my firearm in my truck and need it to be secure.:)

Hrolfr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It would be nice to always carry, but us CCW permit holders here in FL still can't carry inside certain establishments (any that serve alcohol, for one). For those times when I have no choice but to leave my firearm in my truck and need it to be secure.:)
I know this is my first post here but, this information is not correct. The FL statues do not bar you from all establishments that serve alcohol. The statue is as follows
Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine

(12)(a) A license issued under this section does not authorize any person to openly carry a handgun or carry a concealed weapon or firearm into:
1. Any place of nuisance as defined in s. 823.05;

2. Any police, sheriff, or highway patrol station;

3. Any detention facility, prison, or jail;

4. Any courthouse;

5. Any courtroom, except that nothing in this section would preclude a judge from carrying a concealed weapon or determining who will carry a concealed weapon in his or her courtroom;

6. Any polling place;

7. Any meeting of the governing body of a county, public school district, municipality, or special district;

8. Any meeting of the Legislature or a committee thereof;

9. Any school, college, or professional athletic event not related to firearms;

10. Any elementary or secondary school facility or administration building;

11. Any career center;

12. Any portion of an establishment licensed to dispense alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises, which portion of the establishment is primarily devoted to such purpose;

13. Any college or university facility unless the licensee is a registered student, employee, or faculty member of such college or university and the weapon is a stun gun or nonlethal electric weapon or device designed solely for defensive purposes and the weapon does not fire a dart or projectile;

14. The inside of the passenger terminal and sterile area of any airport, provided that no person shall be prohibited from carrying any legal firearm into the terminal, which firearm is encased for shipment for purposes of checking such firearm as baggage to be lawfully transported on any aircraft; or

15. Any place where the carrying of firearms is prohibited by federal law.
So a resturuant that serves if ok to go into just not the bar area. You really should check out Florida Concealed Carry Forums they are a wealth of information. Gutmacher's book should also be required reading.

Egress

Reaction score
Ram Year
03 1500 Quad Cab 4x4 SLT
Engine
Stock 235hp 4.7L/287 V-8
I don’t ever conceal mine when in the truck, its stays on the passenger seat. Never had any issues but tends to confuse a few law officers from time to time with me hanging my hands out of the window and telling them that I’m a concealed carrier and have a condition 1 firearm next to me. I’ve found that most of the Officers I’ve encountered are very lax as long as you’re VERY upfront in telling them, and have the proper documentation. With my wife being law enforcement I’ve learned a lot about making the cop being able to feel safe and in charge of the situation, makes things go a lot smoother.

ramenthusiast

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Crew Cab Sport
Engine
It's got a Hemi!
I know this is my first post here but, this information is not correct. The FL statues do not bar you from all establishments that serve alcohol. The statue is as follows
Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine

So a resturuant that serves if ok to go into just not the bar area. You really should check out Florida Concealed Carry Forums they are a wealth of information. Gutmacher's book should also be required reading.

How is the restaurant portion that serves alcohol to your table any different than the bar area that serves alcohol to your bar stool? Both are licensed to dispense alcohol for consumption on the premises. And what if you have to cross from one area into the other to use their restroom? Best to avoid any issue by keeping alcohol and guns separate.

Hrolfr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The mod asked us to stop so I have. If you do some research you will find there is an opinion on this. Also Gutmacher is pretty much considered THE expert on Firearm Law, you should read the book, there are some weird laws out there could keep you out of trouble.

Back to the Original Topic
I am still looking for a spot in my truck that I like, I had a bench seat in my 2011 Ram and the center seat was the perfect size to strap a belt and holster to, here in FL use a snapped holster(retention, to make it securely incased) and throw a hand towel over it and you are good to go. I did this in my 2006 also, found a gray towel that matched the seat. I have a console in the 2015, having a hard time finding a spot I like, it needs to be easily accessible if there becomes a need. In contrast to what some may feel I have nearly been car jacked in Tampa coming home from work, I was glad to be armed. I also have NEVER thought of grabbing my gun when other drivers have annoyed me. If that is an issue for you, I would suggest you not carry at all until you develop the self control needed.

Haetr001

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a console in the 2015, having a hard time finding a spot I like, it needs to be easily accessible if there becomes a need.

It's not legal in my area to have a pistol in the cab outside of a lock-box, but if it was, I would probably have it either inside the center console's large section, or strapped to the side right under my right knee in that area. There's narrow storage slots right there that would be fairly easy to bolt something to. And if it's far enough back (close to the seat) and relatively low to the floor (but still within easy arm's reach) then it shouldn't really impact leg room at all, especially if it's a small enough piece.

Egress

Reaction score
Ram Year
03 1500 Quad Cab 4x4 SLT
Engine
Stock 235hp 4.7L/287 V-8
Several years ago I ordered an item that basically looked like a belt that strapped to a Blackhawk holster. The design of it was to go around the seats of your ride but it was too small to fit my seats and ended up in a "to be continued" box in the attic.

Hrolfr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Several years ago I ordered an item that basically looked like a belt that strapped to a Blackhawk holster. The design of it was to go around the seats of your ride but it was too small to fit my seats and ended up in a "to be continued" box in the attic.
I built my own version of this in my 06 and 11 I took two of the web style belts with the plastic clips and connected them end to end and used a cheap uncle mike's holster with a snap.

Hrolfr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's not legal in my area to have a pistol in the cab outside of a lock-box, but if it was, I would probably have it either inside the center console's large section, or strapped to the side right under my right knee in that area. There's narrow storage slots right there that would be fairly easy to bolt something to. And if it's far enough back (close to the seat) and relatively low to the floor (but still within easy arm's reach) then it shouldn't really impact leg room at all, especially if it's a small enough piece.
I am thinking of the map pockets(narrow slots) The issue is then I would have to move it when I get out of the truck and even then the holster would be visible. :favorites13:

Haetr001

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am thinking of the map pockets(narrow slots) The issue is then I would have to move it when I get out of the truck and even then the holster would be visible. :favorites13:

What about the opposite side, the inside of the door's storage?

MACH

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You know laws vary from state to state.
Here in Texas for example you can have a loaded handgun wherever you want in the vehicle as long as it's concealed. ...that could be sitting in the passenger seat with a t-shirt on top of it if you wanted.
Other states it's legal to have it out in plain view.

I leave my big XDM 45 4.5" in plain site in my center bin... It's to big to leave on my hip while driving.

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
What about the opposite side, the inside of the door's storage?

I can't say I like the idea of everyone seeing my holster when I open the door, say at the gas station.

I did the map slot thing. Holster stays there, though rarely is my gun in it unless it's a long trip. My IWB holster is so comfortable it usually just stays on me.

Hrolfr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For me I am thinking about a second gun. My EDC will stay on me and then a truck gun that is a little easier to get to if SHTF.

The door compartment is a little rough to get to. I am a bigger guy and fill the driver space, I am going to try the map pocket.

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I'll post this again cause it was way back on page three. But this works fairly well. Just a cheap $15 universal holster with extra mag pocket. It's rarely in there, but for long trips it's nice to get it out of the waist band.

I do not like the idea of leaving a gun in my truck though. Even in the nice neighborhood I live in, I just like to have my guns in my house if I'm not carrying it. If you want a second gun, carry a back-up. Ankle holster or something.

picture.php

Hrolfr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I really only leave it in the truck at school and work, basically when I have to leave it.

ramenthusiast

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Crew Cab Sport
Engine
It's got a Hemi!
I really only leave it in the truck at school and work, basically when I have to leave it.

And that's exactly what a lockbox is for. If you carry there will always be someplace or situation where you can't and need somewhere more secure than the glovebox to store it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Big Blue Hemi

Keep on keeping on
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 1500 Laramie
Engine
Were I to conceal carry on my person or in my vehicle where I live I'd be arrested, chained, dragged thru the jailhouse, branded a terrorist and locked away forever. Much of the East Coast is run as if it were a Communist State.

Steveo8x8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 2500 Megacab
Engine
6.7l Cummins
I have an idea of using my blackhawk holster and mounting a blackhawk serpa quick disconnect on the kick panel. That way when u don't want your gun showing or your holster just sitting there empty u can take it off! Just gotta build up the courage to put 3 small holes in my kick panel!

Hrolfr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
And that's exactly what my product is for. If you carry there will always be someplace or situation where you can't and need somewhere more secure than the glovebox to store it.

Not to re-hash things.

This is true, if you look back through my posts I stated you have a good product. It was your approach that rubbed me wrong, if you want to discuss it we can take it to PMs.