Condensation in headlight

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

danmp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Hello, I changed my bulb in my quad lamp for hid, since I have a little bit of condensation in . I changed my bulb on a cold Snowy day. What it can be the cause of this problem. The temperature that day or my hole in the cap ? I don't have too much condensation ( 1-2 square inches) and I got always the same amount of condensation , and always near the high-beam.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Perhaps the light you installed did not seat / seal properly when installed.
Try removing the bulb and inspecting the gasket to see if it was uniformly flattened.

Sometimes it helps to run a thin film of silicon (NOT GASKET SEALER) just generic silicon lubricant around the seal. Should help it slide around and not crimp up.

Also, sometimes vehicles just have bum lights that have a leak in em. Did you notice the issue ever with the factory light bulbs?

OP
OP
danmp

danmp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
No I never noticed this with the oem bulb. But I had the truck with the oem bulb for only 1 month. I will give a try to seal with silicon when the temperature will be warmer.

Heywood

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport
Engine
There's a vent in the lights to prevent this. (Newer style)
It just came up and JJ had pictures showing the vent. It's mostly around the LED signal lights, They don't generate enough heat to burn it off.

It's from going from hot to cold. I have that problem with my switch backs, I do not have a vent. Just washed it and it stays outside.

There is also a TSB on the subject in the same thread.