Connect OffRoad Light to HighLight. Dodge Ram 1500 (1998)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rubenkanikace

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
Hi everyone,

I bought some new off road lights and I want to connect them to the high light. I have been all the day researching for the wire diagram and when i found it I realize i did not understand much.

Does any of you know which color is the cable that connects to the controller in the steering wheel? I would like to connect the switch to that cable so I will just be able to activate the off road light if the high lights are activated.

Thank you in advance!

RoadRamblerNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Uh, Ruben, are you planning on drawing much current? Likely you are if you are lighting up the "way out there". If so, you really should be running a relay to control your additional lighting.

What are the specs on the lighting you want to add?
Watts?
Current draw (Amps)?
Existing wire may be too small to just "add to it".

Minor electrical issues can burn down your truck. Be careful.

S3av8r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pull one of your headlights out. Splice into the high beam wire. Can’t remember which wire it is, but you can look it up. Run that wire to control a relay with separate power wire from your battery. Run separate wiring from the relay to your auxiliary lighting. Suggest wiring loom and zip tie everything to keep it tidy. This is the ONLY correct way in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk