Connector (C1 Connector?) under steering column keeps backing out. 2003 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab Cummins.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCKamp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
First post. One Owner (Me) 2003 Dodge Ram, 4wd, Auto, Quad Cab, SLT, Cummins
In my attempts to troubleshoot ignition problems, I have discovered this white connector will not lock and stay. What are my options? My local shop was able to identify this as the C1 clockspring connector, and the tech was kind enough to print out the pin diagram for me. This makes sense as the horn will not blow when this connector is out. Can I get just the white connector and re-pin it using the existing wiring and crimped pins? Does anyone have a source for a new connector or even a salvaged harness with a good connector that will stay connected?

Attachments

• C1 Connector.jpg
    C1 Connector.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 8

MikeT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Is there enough room to get a ty-wrap in there and ty-wrap the two connectors together? If possible I would try that before going through all the trouble of trying to get another connector. Are you sure which connector is causing the two to not stay connected?

Mike

chopperman1

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Rebel
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Small dab of silicone on the outside edge of the connector will hold it in place. Really only need a small amount. Stop using your tilt wheeel (if you are) as that will keep pulling it out as well if the tab is broken.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca