Considering 5th gen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kidder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, eTorque
I owned a 2011 Longhorn 4x4 that was a great truck. My wife and I decided we wanted a camper so I traded it in on a 2016 Laramie 4x4 longbed with Cummins. It is a beast but we sobered up and decided against a camper. So now I'm pining for a 1500 again that rides a lot nicer and is more manageable in town. I'm looking at a Laramie Sport and Longhorn with the 6.4" bed, 4x4, 12" screen, off road package, brake controller.

I did get to sit in a Laramie with the big screen and sunroof and I was blown away by the interior.

My dealer is starting to look around. I guess I should test drive one first, though!:deal:

Lettikka

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That is how it started for me..... Once it came back that there wasn't one around that met my criteria the slate was blank and I dropped the order. I somehow figured I should get exactly what i want this time around, so it is build time!!!! Come on in, the water is fine!!!

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Well hopefully welcome to the 5th generation forum. My accountant just picked up a black Tradesman with 3.92 gears, anti spin diff, 4x2, 8 speed with a Hemi. He wanted the initial cost to stay low and we will build it up from there. Will look like this in the beginning for now.c770ded1ef31a1245aa7c251bc10191a.jpg

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
Well hopefully welcome to the 5th generation forum. My accountant just picked up a black Tradesman with 3.92 gears, anti spin diff, 4x2, 8 speed with a Hemi. He wanted the initial cost to stay low and we will build it up from there. Will look like this in the beginning for now.c770ded1ef31a1245aa7c251bc10191a.jpg
The base headlights look so much better than upgraded ones. But then again I like my trucks plain Jane. Mailing for 2500 to be released :emotions33:

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Is there an eta or at least chatter as to when a 2500 will come to light ? Most the people whom I deal with have no use for anything bigger then a 1500. They don’t tow/ haul / no carry heavy payload. When that need arrives, they just hire people who have trucks built for that. [emoji2]

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's
FCA has said "January 2019". Most are interpreting that as a debut at the Detroit auto show and then hitting dealers a handful of months later.

OP
OP
Kidder

Kidder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, eTorque
So I have decided to go with a Laramie Sport Appearance Group. Now I'm trying to figure out what color then I guess I will have to order it.

Crew
4x4
6'4" bed
etorque Hemi
33 gallon tank
Off-road package
3.92s
Trailer brake controller
Sport Appearance Package
Safety Group
Option Group 2
Bed Group
12" screen
Sunroof

Last edited:

troutspinner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This is like going to a bar expecting an AA meeting to break out. Not gonna happen! Lol. Good luck with finding your new ride.

OP
OP
Kidder

Kidder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, eTorque
I went to the dealer today and drove a Laramie with the Harman Kardon/12" screen with Hemi and a Laramie Sport with HK/12" and eTorque Hemi. I loved the extra grunt of the eTorque so I want it. So, I was going to order either a Longhorn or a Laramie Sport. However, in both flavors the Offroad Package wasn't selectable. And for the Laramie the Sport wasn't selectable. My salesperson was confused since they had a Longhorn/Offroad on the lot and the Laramie I drove was a Sport. So, she's trying to figure out why certain things are grayed out.

I have decided I'm getting a 5th gen after the test drives today. The interior is amazing.

xACRx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I went to the dealer today and drove a Laramie with the Harman Kardon/12" screen with Hemi and a Laramie Sport with HK/12" and eTorque Hemi. I loved the extra grunt of the eTorque so I want it. So, I was going to order either a Longhorn or a Laramie Sport. However, in both flavors the Offroad Package wasn't selectable. And for the Laramie the Sport wasn't selectable. My salesperson was confused since they had a Longhorn/Offroad on the lot and the Laramie I drove was a Sport. So, she's trying to figure out why certain things are grayed out.

I have decided I'm getting a 5th gen after the test drives today. The interior is amazing.
Did you try building one on Ram’s website? I tried building different models and decided a fully loaded Laramie was the way to go. If you want the 22” wheels then you can’t order the off-road group with those wheels selected. Same problem with the black appearance package. You can’t order that package either with the Off-Road group because it gives you the 22” wheels in the black appearance package. So what you do is order the Sport package with the E-Locker Rear Axle and then select the Off-Road package. I would also recommend to get the 3.92 gears.

OP
OP
Kidder

Kidder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, eTorque
I can build exactly what I want on ramtrucks.com. Maybe there are production issues or parts shortages.
And yes, I am getting the 3.92s.
She was able to add e-locker but when she went back up to select off road package it was still grayed out. I was there when she was trying.

xACRx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Ok that is strange. Hopefully, she can get it all figured out for you. The Laramie with the Sport and Off-Road package will be a sweet truck.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kidder

Kidder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, eTorque
Ok that is strange. Hopefully, see can get it all figured out for you. The Laramie with the Sport and Off-Road package will be a sweet truck.
I test drove one with the off road and sport package yesterday with the etorque. It was the short bed and I want the 6.4 bed. Nice truck.

xACRx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Yep, that’s how I would order one with the longer bed. What color you want?

xACRx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Black, white, then silver are my favorites. I owned 3 Rams in those colors. The silver will look sharp in the Sport model.