Coolant leak(Not the Y pipe)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wallyb4

Retired EWC(SW/AW) 1983-2003
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I have a 2014 Ram 2500 6.7L. About a year ago i developed the dreaded Y pipe leak. I have fixed that and now I have developed another coolant leak. This one is on the drivers side about a foot or 2 from the radiator about mid way down the engine. It looks like it is coming from a T in the cooling line. I am not very familiar with the coolant flow of a diesel. Does anyone have a diagram of the coolant flow on one of these beasts? The leak is only about a tablespoon every so often. I have a factory service manual but trying to find the cooling section is proving to be a pain in the you know what. Thanks in advance for the help .

Philip Garlick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7l Cummins
I have a 2014 3500 6.7. I've had it for 2 years. This past month, noticed a stain on the driveway. I hadn't realized how many RAM fluids are red?! I think I've finally traced it to a coolant leak at a coolant pipe connecting manifold near the top of the engine, above the turbo (not sure if this is the dreaded 'Y' manifold mentioned above?!). It is insideous, as the truck only leaks when it's cold! When it's running and warms up, the leak almost stops. There is nothing on the ground. Park the truck, and the next morning, the ground is covered in fluid. Has anyone else had this?

Fuel35 67

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
The plastic “y” connection is a known issue, it cracks. Get yourself an aluminum one and problem solved…..if it’s the “y” connection.

OP
OP
Wallyb4

Wallyb4

Retired EWC(SW/AW) 1983-2003
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Update.....Found the leak. It was one of the clamps on the y pipe. I few turns and leak gone.