Coolant leaking 1 gal/month and have had the EGR recall done.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

olbedhead

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Laramie Crew Cab 6'4"
Engine
Ecodiesel
So i've done the EGR recall a few years back at the dealership on my 2016 ram ecodiesel. A few months ago my fan was going like crazy and i realized i was 1 gallon down. Filled it up and made an appointment. My cap was kinda funky so they replaced the whole reservoir and now a month later, i'm down again. Has anyone seen this post EGR recall? Sorry if this is duplicate but all i can find is old posts pre-recall. I'm under warranty for 1 more year luckily. I dropped it off this morning and curious what they say but i trust the forum more than i trust my local service department at this point.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Haven't heard anything outstanding with the replacement EGR coolers going bad. If it was done a few years back it's possible you may have received old version, this was reported several times about the time the new coolers were just hitting dealerships.
Other possibilities is the coolant lines to the turbo are leaking or worse it a head (and/or gasket).
Need to test for combustion gasses in the coolant. If it is the EGR cooler leaking the DPF could be damaged from the coolant.