Cooling problems after preventive maintenance coolant flush

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DinoT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
appreciate any advice--local mechanic performed coolant flush / changed thermostat. Now truck doesn't get heat, and doesn't cool correctly...keep burping the system but the upper hose has bubbles and losing coolant somewhere--no leak, and oil looks clean. Used OEM premixed Mopar purple, which looks same as what's in it. Changed out the thermostat again, no difference--other than engine temps running way high especially considering it's 10 degrees outside. There were no cooling issues before. 2018 5.7 117k miles.

Lakewind

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No replies on this post? I'm almost afraid to flush and refill mine.

Jchris56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sounds like there is air in the cooling system. You need to make sure the little valve on the Tstat is installed up. There is a bleeder plug on the top of the water pump housing. You remove the plug when filling it with coolant. Once coolant starts coming out you put the piug back in. Then burp the system. I alway like to have the vehicle parked so the radiator cap is the highest point.

Mister Luck

cassis tutissima virtus
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016/2017
Engine
5.7 V8
Pressure testing the system also helps to remove trapped air pockets.
Don’t drive too far with air pockets in the system the air creates vapor and cavitation inside your engine block… or a blown head gasket.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat