Cooper ATP 2 tires from Discount Tire?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deanno33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2022 on order and looking for some 33s to purchase in advance of it's arrival (I have time, unfortunately). I noticed the Cooper ATP 2 which is apparently a Discount Tire exclusive tire. It looks pretty nice but since it's a new model in 2021 there are very few reviews anywhere on-line. Anyone using these tires? I found one Ford forum with a couple pics on an very old ford. That's about it for pics and just a few reviews on Discount Tire.

There are very few options for a 275/60/20 in standard load AT and white letter. Tires are too important obviously to let OWL be a determining factor but if given the choice, I'd like the OWL this round as I haven't had them in a very long time.

JayLeonard

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 L Cummins
I've had a lot of Cooper tires in the past and they have all been good tires for handling and wear.
Besides, reviews are very subjective unless there are lots of reviews and you can get a consensus.

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dont have any experience with that particular tire but the shop I used to work at used to sell cooper tires exclusively, unless the customer wanted to order something specific. They're great tires. I got almost 75k miles out of a set of ATR's I put on my old 05 nissan xterra.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
It's really not possible to accurately say which tire would be good for you without a little info. What will you be doing with your truck? You're in Wisconsin so I assume you're in a climate that gets winter weather. If so, will you be using your truck in those conditions? Will you be taking this off-road? They seem to be a decent price, but it doesn't look like they have the 3PMSF rating for winter use. Personally I avoid buying LT tires that don't have that rating for winter driving. I'd recommend going with either BF Goodrich KO2's (raised white letters) or Falken Wildpeak A/T3W's (available with raised OWL).

OP
OP
D

Deanno33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It's really not possible to accurately say which tire would be good for you without a little info. What will you be doing with your truck? You're in Wisconsin so I assume you're in a climate that gets winter weather. If so, will you be using your truck in those conditions? Will you be taking this off-road? They seem to be a decent price, but it doesn't look like they have the 3PMSF rating for winter use. Personally I avoid buying LT tires that don't have that rating for winter driving. I'd recommend going with either BF Goodrich KO2's (raised white letters) or Falken Wildpeak A/T3W's (available with raised OWL).
I did loot at the Wildpeak too but they don't have OWL in the standard load (which I'm looking for), just the LT in 275/60/20. My off road is logging roads while hunting, ice fishing (going on lakes) and just all around winter driving in Northern WI. This year will also be road trips to Montana and Colorado hunting. I've always been fine with AT tires in non LT. So I'm researching reviews right now on a couple tires I'm considering....the ATP 2 being one of them.

LSU04_08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 e-torque
I have a 2022 on order and looking for some 33s to purchase in advance of it's arrival (I have time, unfortunately). I noticed the Cooper ATP 2 which is apparently a Discount Tire exclusive tire. It looks pretty nice but since it's a new model in 2021 there are very few reviews anywhere on-line. Anyone using these tires? I found one Ford forum with a couple pics on an very old ford. That's about it for pics and just a few reviews on Discount Tire.

There are very few options for a 275/60/20 in standard load AT and white letter. Tires are too important obviously to let OWL be a determining factor but if given the choice, I'd like the OWL this round as I haven't had them in a very long time.

Every time I buy new tires, I get Coopers. You can't go wrong with them. The OWL, unfortunately, are extremely hard to find and I don't understand why. OWL tires can make almost any vehicle look better. Before I moved on to Coopers, I always bought BF Goodrich tires, 295/50 R15 with the solid lettering, but that was back when wide tires on a full size truck was the cool thing.

caulk04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had a set of the first ATP's and so does a coworker of mine. Mine were P-rated on a Grand Cherokee and his are on an 06 Cummins. Both got decent tread life but became very noisy. I wouldn't buy them again, but we're not talking about the exact same tire.

I've also always had good luck with Cooper made tires, but not the ATP.

My next tire is likely to be the Mastercraft Courser AXT or another set of the factory tires for my 18 (Wrangler SRA) which seem to be treating me well and are cheap.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I did loot at the Wildpeak too but they don't have OWL in the standard load (which I'm looking for), just the LT in 275/60/20. My off road is logging roads while hunting, ice fishing (going on lakes) and just all around winter driving in Northern WI. This year will also be road trips to Montana and Colorado hunting. I've always been fine with AT tires in non LT. So I'm researching reviews right now on a couple tires I'm considering....the ATP 2 being one of them.
Sorry about that. I had a set of the Falkens on my previous truck (OEM version for the ORG) and they were raised OWL 6 ply tires. Worked excellent in winter. But those were 32's (275/55/20).