Crew Cab Back Seat 12V Accessory Plug Location?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brearlymason

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have 2012 Ram Crew Express with no 12V Accessory Plugs in the back seat. Can someone take a picture where they are in the higher end trucks. I would like to upgrade using the stock parts. I would also like to add the one in my center jump seat compartment.

Thanks!

Designflaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 CC Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you don't have a console I have no clue where the one in the back would be

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Corbin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm pretty sure a 12v outlet is only available if you have the center console with bucket seats up front. The 40/20/40 front seating does not accommodate a 12v outlet. If your handy you could add one under the drivers seat, may not be ideal, but this is also where you would find 12v power.

OP
OP
B

Brearlymason

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wow! That is crazy. I just assumed that the higher end trucks would have outlets all over them. My 2005 Tahoe had a total of 9 outlets in it. What about the Mega-Cabs, do they have outlets in them?

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It may be more accurate to say that QC/CC with center console have the rear 12V outlet on the rear center of the console, more than "higher end models".
It would be a cake walk to add a 12V socket pigtail into existing 12V power just under the front bench seat.

OP
OP
B

Brearlymason

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know that I can easily ad a socket, but I would like to make it look stock and not like I added it myself.

grzmnky

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There is 12v switched under the drivers seat In my 13 express. It's what I used to signal my amps with factory stereo. Look at the rectangle grey plug I believe and there is a wire or 2 on the end coming from, say the dash and its not on the other end going up into the console. Let me know I can take pics

Pckrfan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I have only found two so far..... one on the rear of the centre console and one on the top/front face of the console. Both are ignition activated. My CRD GC at least had one that was a battery feed.

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Crazy how??
For $4 you could buy something like this and it would appear very stock, depending on where you install the socket. You could install one on each side, next to the seat base, in a door, under the front seats (attached to an anchor)...